Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Did ASN cancel Studio D?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:31 am 
Silver Member

Did the American Sports Network cancel Studio D? I tried to catch some of it this morning, only to find Monica McNutt, one of the ASN sports hosts doing an interview.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Did ASN cancel Studio D?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:33 am 
WWoW Member

Still saw it on Youtoo America this morning. Wonder if ASN got tired of the instability behind the scenes and on air. That show (Studio D) has completely turned its cast less than a year after signing on. From the promos and a little bit I saw in the earlier days, found it a bit unappealing and try-hards, even through I have started to check back at times due to Ana, which I known her from Real Housewives and Food Network Star (yes I am a reality TV junkie), so it's interesting to watch her do live TV.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:35 am 
WWoW Artist

This is actually milwaukeemak speaking (not r_hightower), looks like I have started to have wrong usernames problems as, delete the earlier post).

Still saw it on Youtoo America this morning. Wonder if ASN got tired of the instability behind the scenes and on air. That show (Studio D) has completely turned its cast less than a year after signing on. From the promos and a little bit I saw in the earlier days, found it a bit unappealing and try-hards, even through I have started to check back at times due to Ana, which I known her from Real Housewives and Food Network Star (yes I am a reality TV junkie), so it's interesting to watch her do live TV.

Last edited by MilwaukeeMak on Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:03 pm 
Silver Member

I've noticed the instability as far as the hosts go. They got rid of that girl named "Miller", as well as the lady who did the weather. Then they bring in Ana Quincoces, who is on one of those Real Housewives shows. She is the only reason to watch. A curvy Cuban hottie. When they break away from all the irreverent opinions they'll send it over to someone from WeatherNation to do the weather. Which is a switch, because in my area, WeatherNation's channel got replaced by ASN. They still have two dudes on the show who somehow pass as news personalities. They both seem like either former DJ's or comics who try to impersonate news anchors. It's really just another attempt at creating something like what The Daily Buzz used to be, a celebrity news/quirky topic show hosted by people who have no business impersonating news personalities. I've always thought that it was odd for a "so-called" sports network to try having a morning news program. If they did indeed get rid of Studio D, maybe they're trying to focus more on being more sports based. Although most of the airtime on ASN, they show reruns of sporting events. Sometimes over and over.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:24 pm 
WWoW Artist

https://twitter.com/DavidVLayne/status/ ... 5065073664

Even someone asked Ana where was the show was today. They just booted Matt Doolittle who was one of the hosts and was only one left standing from the original lineup. Sounds like they are heading the same way as the Daily Buzz in its last few years with funding problems and so what.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:43 am 
Silver Member

I was able to catch Studio D yesterday, as well as this morning. But Ana isn't on. Maybe she's on vacation.