Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: NFC Divisional Playoff: Seahawks @ Packers
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:41 am 
Silver Member

Let me just say this. Anyone calling the Green Bay Packers the "worst 13-3 team in the league" needs to apologize right now. That being said, unlike the New Orleans Saints, the Seattle Seahawks won their way to a trip to Lambeau, doing so by defeating the Philadelphia Eagles in the Wild Card by a score of 17-9 (the same score as Seattle's win over Philly in Week 12). With both NFC WCs winning, the Seahawks will face the 13-3 Packers, who are in our first season under Matt LaFleur. The Packers' 13-3 record comes due to the usual clutch performances of Aaron Rodgers, as well as Aaron Jones' running performance, giving fans shades of Dorsey Levens. The often maligned defense seems to be going up, with the Smith "Brothers": Za'Darius and Preston racking up sacks left and right.

Notes: This is the first time the Packers have hosted a Divisional Playoff game since 2014 (the infamous "Dez Caught It" game against the Cowboys). This is the fourth playoff meeting between the Seahawks and Packers since 2002 (the Seahawks' first season in the NFC); and the third meeting between the clubs in Lambeau. Overall, the Packers are 2-1 all time against the Seahawks in the playoffs, with both Packer wins being at home. You know, ever since these teams have co-existed in the NFC together, the games have always had something crazy in it. "We want the ball and we're going to score" from Matt Hasselbeck in that WC game, the infamous Fail Mary in 2012, Seattle's comeback in the 2014 NFC Championship, you name it. It also includes Russell Wilson losing twice in Lambeau; throwing five INTs in one loss in 2016. Packers are 7-1 at home this year, Hawks are 8-1 (counting Sunday's win) on the road. But Lambeau is a much different animal, especially in mid-January.

Prediction: Packers by six

Signature Credit: Divas-Heaven.com

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: NFC Divisional Playoff: Seahawks @ Packers
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:05 am 
WWoW Artist

"Let me just say this. Anyone calling the Green Bay Packers the "worst 13-3 team in the league" needs to apologize right now"

Football predictions are ( in my opinion ) just really a guess. Referee calls ( or non calls) have so much impact on a game that
a 13-3 team can really be a 10-6 team

I have no intention of debating football with you because it appears you are much more knowledgeable than I .

I pick Green Bay

I am from Green Bay
This is the coaches first season
Almost any hit on rogers is a potential penalty

13-3 looks good on paper GO PACK

Mr. Superannuated

Post subject: Re: NFC Divisional Playoff: Seahawks @ Packers
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:29 am 
Silver Member

Packers 28, Seahawks 23

Packers hang on late to reach the NFC Championship for the fourth time since 2010. :shades

Signature Credit: Divas-Heaven.com

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]