Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Revised graphics seen on Fox Business, not good
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:30 pm 
WWoW Artist

With the foxbusiness.com website and app undergoing a revamp (you have to pay to see their live TV), along with their new slogan "Investing In You" being touted by everyone from Maria Bartiromo, Stuart Varney, Neil Cavuto, Charles Payne, and of course the always intelligent and fabulous Liz Claman ;)--what did viewers get to see?

All we got from their revised (not exactly new) ticker on September 30 (which is eerily similar to what is seen on Fox News with the blue lettering against a mostly pure white background) is absolute junk :evil:.

Let me mention a handful of some other reasons why this set of graphics are simply too ugly to look at for 30 seconds, let alone 2 or 3 minutes at a time :Doh :

1. The logo--used to be gold on a black background, now it is a navy blue similar to what sailors wear against a pure white background. Just watching the graphics for 30 seconds, let alone 2 or 3 minutes is simply horrible to view.

2. The ticker is much smaller to read, albeit the movement across the screen is a bit on the quicker side.

3. When the Dow, oil prices, whatever is the hotter index--we used to see it in bolder typeface down in the lower right corner.

What we get instead is very thin numbers, and what is worse--it is also seen in the opening seconds (still with the green is the index was up, red if it was down) on Melissa Francis and Connell McShane's show After The Bell. :shock:

Although the graphics during portions of The Claman Countdown remain intact, I don't know why everything else had to be with a freaking white background :x :x :x :x ?!

As a diehard watcher of the show since day one on October 15, 2007--I went to the foxbusiness.com website and scrolled down to their FAQ's to see if there was an email I could vent my frustration and maybe get a concrete answer to my questions.

What I saw instead were questions that mostly deal with any technical problems on the site itself--not one question dealing with the graphics used on the shows. :Furious

I do not understand at all why FBN did this.

So, my only logical question is this...
Can anyone actually email or call Fox Business and say why their on air graphics are extremely difficult to read?

In the immortal words of the 1930's Popeye cartoons, it basically said:

Leave Well Enough Alone.

Last edited by bigzman on Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Revised graphics seen on Fox Business, not good
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:37 am 
WWoW Artist

Has anyone contacted Fox Business since the major revision in graphics which is very similar to Fox News on September 30?

Curious minds wish to know, thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:29 pm 
Bronze Member

this topic is useless with out a photo. so unless have photo so we can understand we are going of what someone said or imaging it to what we get from what you said.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:28 am 
WWoW Artist

I hope that some fans of Fox Business can either email or call New York and figure out why they decided to scrap the old graphics that were commonplace since 2013.

Here is the pleasant looking graphic from July 18, 2019:

And this is the revised set of graphics which started on September 30, to make it similar to what Fox News uses.

From October 14, IMHO--just looking at the bottom of the screen for as short as 30 seconds makes my eyes burn.

You can see clearly why these revised graphics suck :Tantrum :

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:55 pm 
Bronze Member

i see your point. but they are stock market channel. is why they made so big. since for people that have hard time seeing or to far away to read small point.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:40 am 
WWoW Artist

Even for HDTV's, I find it very difficult to read the thinner numbers (with the notable exception of the old graphics, with the white letters against the dark blue background.)

My hope is someone in this board can either email or call FBN in New York and leave the contact information here so we can properly vent our frustration over these graphics.

Thanks chrislognshot for your response--points well taken :Thumb .