Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 4:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
 Post subject: Satcha leaves Primer Impacto with Ilia (D)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:40 pm 
WWoW Artist

Upon Ilia finally being kicked off Primer Impacto to just anchor Ultima Hora, which she has since March, starting Tuesday; Satcha is leaving the show for the new 24/7 news channel the univision folks will create along with a soaps and a sports channel. So no idea who does weekends, if they even have weekends, but Pamela Conde starts Tuesday.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Satcha leaves Primer Impacto with Ilia
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:18 pm 
WWoW regular

I was never a huge fan of Ilia, but losing Satcha sucks.

Post subject: Re: Satcha leaves Primer Impacto with Ilia
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:19 am 
WWoW Artist

Well I have no idea when the three new channels roll out. maybe next year, or where they will be, maybe a spanish package, or if your provider will carry them, but Satcha will at least be with the Univision family there. But I am sure people, if they care, will have a wild time trying to get them and we don't know if they roll out in HD. My local Univision won't go HD and I don't think my cable provider carries it in national HD. Look, I wish they didn't roll out more channels, but they will, even when only two providers were willing to accept so they are banking on the large Hispanic audience helping it expand and making deals as it gets closer and closer to launch with people carrying Univision. So you have what we have. With changes at the top and changes to a bunch of shows, the channel is in flux.

Then we don't even know if the channels will be worth it. I figured if they were ever to roll out a 24/7 news channel it would be lame like CNN in spanish.

Post subject: Re: Satcha leaves Primer Impacto with Ilia (D)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:44 am 
WWoW Artist

BOTH gone starting this week? That ends my following this show. It's completely Doña Barabara's now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:39 pm 
WWoW Artist

Yeah both left. The new woman was announced back in May. This new woman married the president. She worked on both local Florida tv and some reporting on univision. If I don't like the show, I may quit.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:52 pm 
Bronze Member

Nooooooooooo!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:47 pm 
WWoW regular

Gonna miss Satcha :(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:31 am 
Bronze Member

no satcha is depressing she was my favorite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:27 am 
WWoW Artist

http://www.mediamoves.com/2011/07/prett ... -show.html

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:50 pm 
WWoW regular

Too bad. Ilia has some professional legs. :(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:43 am 
WWoW regular

i know this maybe Blasphemy and I NEVER thought I would say it. But Barb needs to go. She to me has just gotten stale on the show and now that she is married and having kids. I dont think she brings it anymore. Not a big fan of the new replacement for I.C. She is just OK. I just DVR for Jackie and Rosana now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:22 pm 
WWoW regular

VAHOLLA wrote:
i know this maybe Blasphemy and I NEVER thought I would say it. But Barb needs to go. She to me has just gotten stale on the show and now that she is married and having kids. I dont think she brings it anymore. Not a big fan of the new replacement for I.C. She is just OK. I just DVR for Jackie and Rosana now.

I agree Barbara has to go,she is just not what she use to be. Back before she put on a wedding ring and pushed out 2 kids she was the QUEEN no one could touch her back then and I'm pretty sure P.I. had their highest ratings ever back then also. When she started getting bigger and bigger every week during her pregnancy (NOT ONCE BUT TWICE) it was such a turn off and she's gone a bit more conservative in her wardrobe (No more mini skirts & low V blouses). Jackie and Rosana is all they got left.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:45 am 
WWoW Artist

Update....Satcha officially takes over for Neida Sandoval on Monday on Despierta America. But a warning... for some reason they are adding another guy to do news stuff as well. So plan on anything happening.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:55 am 
WWoW Artist

gibbs1 wrote:
VAHOLLA wrote:

I agree Barbara has to go,she is just not what she use to be. Back before she put on a wedding ring and pushed out 2 kids she was the QUEEN no one could touch her back then and I'm pretty sure P.I. had their highest ratings ever back then also. When she started getting bigger and bigger every week during her pregnancy (NOT ONCE BUT TWICE) it was such a turn off and she's gone a bit more conservative in her wardrobe (No more mini skirts & low V blouses). Jackie and Rosana is all they got left.

Barb came on in 02 to Primer Impacto after Maria Celeste ran off to Telemundo. Seems Maria was all too happy to burn a bridge with Univision. She up and quit abruptly and then she announced two weeks later she was forming a Telemundo show. Her plan was to have a creative role in putting on the show and do it her way. But from 94 till her abrupt end in 02, Maria was the star of Univision. Maria got paired up with Myrka Dellanos. Myrka then was paired up with Barb from 02 till 04. From what I read I can deduce that Myrka was unhappy at PI after Maria left to create the competing show.

Myrka wanted out and started missing shows. This lead to the mess that everyone on here should know. She started to argue with staff, then she met Luis Miguel doing some event and started dating and when she wanted time to be with him they fired her. As such they had brought on Carmen Dominicci by then and Myrka went on to be dumped by Luis Miguel.

But then Univision put their foot in their mouth and added later in the same year, 2004, Fernando Del Rincon, a guy. Then another soap opera formed that some on here know about. Carmen and Fernando started co-anchoring and Barb was still on. Like half the week it was Carmen and Barb and another day was the guy and Barb or Carmen. Well why go into it, but Fernando married Carmen. Ultimately lead to both getting fired over allegations of abuse by Carmen and problems with the show behind the scenes. Then the weekend version began which lead to Carmen moving to it, before her firing, and she was paired with Veronica. But before Veronica left and the Carmen-Fernando scandal broke, Lourdes Stephen started anchoring a bit, however she was fill-in only. And recently, in the past year, she was moved out of the show.

Then somewhere in their Satcha and Illia came on, but my memory is fuzzy now. Can't recall who came first and who came second. Think Satcha was the replacement for Veronica. And Carmen was moved to Galavision to do a show so in came Ilia, if I recall right. Ilia and Satcha then later were paired for weekends. But with Fernando getting fired then Ilia moved to weekdays with Barb. Also of Note, Veronica came on when Myrka was fired, if I am right. Carmen was on since 03 on PI and worked with Myrka and Barb before the guy, Fernando, was put on the show.

So after all that it was Ilia and Barb weekdays and Satcha weekends. And Now it is Pamela Silva Conde and Barb on weekdays and Natalia Cruz weekends. Veronica comes back to Miami to fill-in occasionally or anchors from Mexico sometimes too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:40 am 
Bronze Member

Ilia came first, then Satcha later.

I gotta agree about Barbara. No one can be a bigger fan than I, but she has gotten to the point with her conservative dress and mannerisms where she just isn't interesting anymore. She isn't chubby, but I mean a little thigh is a rare event.

Pamela is pretty (today she had a really nice blouse on) but we'll see if she can keep the show interesting.

Satcha has nice legs, but has never in my memory given an uppie or even close.

The show is just getting too dumpy. Sort of like CNN before the couch.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:21 am 
Gold Member

Pamela is smoking hot and just killing it - very short skirts, nice legs

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]