Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 46  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Price Is Right (C)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:34 am 
WWoW regular

bigzman wrote:
Small update from an original post by rockym from June 17:

Thanks to me finding out on a bunch of music related sites with Hanson and a few other groups appearing on the show, I was able to find that episodes are taped about six weeks prior to when they hit the air.

In Amber's case, the episode she announced about being pregnant took place on June 14.
They must have taped this episode around May 2 or 3, if that makes any sense.

Nevertheless, if we are lucky as fans--she might and I highlight the word might return just prior to the end of the 2019-2020 season.

However, if it is in the fact the end--she has that interior design business to fall back on. All I can safely say is, more power to her :Thumb .

That is all I have to say about this subject.

In the meantime, any fans of Rachel and/or Mariela on these boards--please feel free to contribute however many or small number of caps from any show since Amber left to go on maternity leave.

I'm thinking Amber probably won't be back until next season, if she is coming back. There were some complications during her pregnancy and her baby was born two months premature. They are both doing fine now but I'd imagine she will just wait until next season to make her return if she is coming back.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:11 pm 
WWoW Artist

That is news, sure hope Amber is doing fine.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:07 am 
WWoW regular

bigzman wrote:

They are both fine and at home now. According to Amber's IG, it was really difficult. They had to remove her uterus. Thankfully, they are both well and getting ready to celebrate their first Christmas together.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:03 am 
Bronze Member

Rockym wrote:
bigzman wrote:

They are both fine and at home now. According to Amber's IG, it was really difficult. They had to remove her uterus. Thankfully, they are both well and getting ready to celebrate their first Christmas together.

Amber will be back for this season that begins November 16th I believe. Also she announced her husband cheated on her and they are no longer together.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:23 am 
WWoW regular

BatmanFan wrote:
Rockym wrote:
bigzman wrote:

Amber will be back for this season that begins November 16th I believe. Also she announced her husband cheated on her and they are no longer together.

What an idiot! How could someone cheat when they have a woman like Amber?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:20 pm 
WWoW Artist

Bringing this central topic (thankfully) back on course, I must have missed this news for some reason or another--but just like Jeopardy (RIP Alex Trebek), Wheel of Fortune, and Let's Make A Deal, The Price is Right began airing shows without an audience.

Contestant's Row is spaced six feet apart and yes, there is no crowd noise each time that George Gray tells the contestants to "COME ON DOWN!"

Rather, it is celebrate like you won and take your place in back of one of the four colored stands.

It definitely is not the same feeling seeing them emerge from backstage. Kind of reminds me a bit of what NBC did in the first iteration of Deal or No Deal between 2006-2009. Certain shows led off after the Model March when returning contestants that did not finish a game emerged from backstage. Shortly thereafter, clips from the previous episode was presented before Howie Mandel picked up things where it left off.

After seeing the first few episodes, seeing the contestants pretend to fist bump Drew was very weird--but at least they are doing better than any of the professional and college athletes, who are all pretending like it is just another night at the office :Doh .

The biggest difference was during the spinning of the wheel.

Two giant asterisks are placed on the carpet, which is just a few feet apart from days gone by. The hardest part is only seeing the spinner and not the other two contestants cheering him/her on. Instead, they are positioned off camera in waiting for their turn. Good thing the wheel is disinfected two or three times per day while taping.

Before I dive in once again to cap the always hot and very sexy Amber Lancaster making a triumphant return after giving birth to her first child...

Here is a clip from the CBS affiliate in Miami as Dana Jacobson interviewed Drew Carey via Zoom sporting his brand new beard :o :shock: , of which was accomplished while stuck in quarantine before filming resumed in late October:

https://youtu.be/nuCFty-LwME

P.S. I am so glad to be back. :Victory

Last edited by bigzman on Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:46 am, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:33 pm 
WWoW Artist

For those who missed Drew speaking from the Starkville podcast (found on the sports subscription website and app called The Athletic) with J.G. Taylor Spink honoree from the National Baseball Hall of Fame and former ESPN columnist Jayson Stark, here is the story on how production resumed and a pic from the set socially distanced:

https://deadline.com/2020/10/the-price-is-right-returns-to-production-redesigned-set-no-audience-77-games-1234591178/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:25 am 
WWoW Artist

Even while the camerapeople were wearing masks, Drew only had his on when the credits were rolling.

At least, a true sight for sore eyes came true as Amber returned on Tuesday, December 8:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Please keep in mind that the way I view the show, they intersperse some segments when a prize is up for bidding when the camera zooms in on the top part of a car or on a stage prop.

As frustrating as it was, I was able to get these caps from Wednesday once the camera returned to their normal positions:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:31 am 
Bronze Member

bigzman wrote:
Bringing this central topic (thankfully) back on course, I must have missed this news for some reason or another--but just like Jeopardy (RIP Alex Trebek), Wheel of Fortune, and Let's Make A Deal, The Price is Right began airing shows without an audience.

Contestant's Row is spaced six feet apart and yes, there is no crowd noise each time Rich Fields tells the contestants to "COME ON DOWN!"

Rather, it is celebrate like you won and take your place in back of one of the four colored stands.

It definitely is not the same feeling seeing them emerge from backstage. Kind of reminds me a bit of what NBC did in the first iteration of Deal or No Deal between 2006-2009. Certain shows led off after the Model March when returning contestants that did not finish a game emerged from backstage. Shortly thereafter, clips from the previous episode was presented before Howie Mandel picked up things where it left off.

After seeing the first few episodes, seeing the contestants pretend to fist bump Drew was very weird--but at least they are doing better than any of the professional and college athletes, who are all pretending like it is just another night at the office :Doh .

Two giant asterisks are placed on the carpet, which is just a few feet apart from days gone by. The hardest part is only seeing the spinner and not the other two contestants cheering him/her on. Instead, they are positioned off camera in waiting for their turn. Good thing the wheel is disinfected two or three times per day each day in taping.

Before I dive in once again to cap the always hot and sexy Amber Lancaster making a triumphant return after giving birth to her first child...

Here is a clip from the CBS affiliate in Miami with Drew Carey sporting his brand new beard :o :shock: , of which was accomplished while stuck in quarantine before filming resumed in late October:

George Gray is the current announcer, not Rich Fields.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:18 am 
WWoW Artist

Thursday:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Friday:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:19 am 
WWoW Artist

Haven't watched the show periodically in quite a while, but thank you gifoefan for correcting me. ;)

gijoefan wrote:
bigzman wrote:

Contestant's Row is spaced six feet apart and yes, there is no crowd noise each time Rich Fields tells the contestants to "COME ON DOWN!"

Two giant asterisks are placed on the carpet, which is just a few feet apart from days gone by. The hardest part is only seeing the spinner and not the other two contestants cheering him/her on. Instead, they are positioned off camera in waiting for their turn. Good thing the wheel is disinfected two or three times per day each day in taping.

Before I dive in once again to cap the always hot and sexy Amber Lancaster making a triumphant return after giving birth to her first child...

Here is a clip from the CBS affiliate in Miami with Drew Carey sporting his brand new beard :o :shock: , of which was accomplished while stuck in quarantine before filming resumed in late October:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:37 am 
WWoW Artist

I corrected the error. :shades

gijoefan wrote:
bigzman wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:22 am 
WWoW Artist

To briefly recap, the picture quality on the YouTube pages this time around simply sucked.

I mentioned in the Caps/Clips Request board this is the first time in all my years of capping that I have seen the worst images in terms of picture quality, along with some zoomed up camera views that should never be happening :evil: .

Again, what I see is no fault of my own. What I cap is when I try to get the best possible shot. I hope my little piece getting on the soapbox (of which I have rarely done in these spaces) will turn the ship around and get back to those fabulous 1080p caps that everyone enjoys seeing.

Outside of that, it was nice once again to see Amber ;) ;) :

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:22 pm 
WWoW Artist

Been a while I know, considering it has mostly been Rachel and Mariela occupying a majority of the camera time.

But my initial complaining from December has begun to subside--since the picture quality is starting to get better.

Even with the camera shots zooming way too close where we can't see any people or any of the prizes given away, the overall picture quality of the caps is not like it was prior to the pandemic taking hold.

Nevertheless, I hope these shots make up for it in some small way.

The first sets are from December 18, 2020 and January 5, 2021:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Last edited by bigzman on Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:01 am 
Bronze Member

bigzman wrote:
Been a while I know, considering it has mostly been Rachel and Mariela occupying a majority of the camera time.

But my initial complaining from December has begun to subside--since the picture quality is starting to get better.

Even with the camera shots zooming way too close where we can't see any people or any of the prizes given away, the overall picture quality of the caps is not like it was prior to the pandemic taking hold.

Nevertheless, I hope these shots make up for it in some small way.

The first sets are from December 18, 2020 and January 5:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

It's Manuela, not Mariela. Also, that's Amber, not Rachel.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:41 pm 
WWoW Artist

Thank you for correcting the first part, gijoefan.

It has been a long time since I had to give the right names, let alone update this particular thread.

What I meant to say was that the other two ladies managed to get more camera time than Amber. Nothing more to read than that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:58 am 
Bronze Member

bigzman wrote:
Thank you for correcting the first part, gijoefan.

It has been a long time since I had to give the right names, let alone update this particular thread.

What I meant to say was that the other two ladies managed to get more camera time than Amber. Nothing more to read than that.

Anytime.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:38 pm 
Bronze Member

I hope it's ok if I contribute my caps here. I just got an internal tuner in my pc so this is my first attempt at capping anything. If I did anything wrong, please let me know. These caps are from March 15, 2021.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:49 pm 
WWoW Artist

If you have anything to contribute, that's fine.

I still plan to capping myself, but not as often as in prior years.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:21 pm 
WWoW regular

jchildr wrote:
I hope it's ok if I contribute my caps here. I just got an internal tuner in my pc so this is my first attempt at capping anything. If I did anything wrong, please let me know. These caps are from March 15, 2021.

Looks good. Thanks for the caps

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 46  Next