Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Milestone post + bucket list add +2011 in review
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:37 am 
Silver Member

At 8:07 a.m. EST, I am submitting my 600th post!

(crickets)

As of this morning, my Metrocast DVR (HD Dual Tuner, model no. DCH6416) is so full of recorded goodness from QVC, HSN, HLN, FNC and FBN (even an episode from Bones w/Morgan Fairchild) that every time I record something, I get a caution message saying my DVR has only 2-3% space left...so I've probably lost some real goos stuff over the last...however long I've been recording.

One day I will set aside a weekend where I can surf WWoW's Tech Tips page and figure out how to record all the info to a DVD+/-RW, then learn how to screen capture all that stuff...then I can start posting here on a semi-regular basis like my idols IceMan, chris217, HSF, tdubbya, and all the rest.

In the meantime:

IMHO, HSN's hosts have gotten somewhat hotter than QVCs. Faves: Robin Hall, Diana Petrovic, Colleen Lopez, Tamara Hooks, Marlo Smith, Helen Keany and Amy Morrison. BTW: Without Regina, Rhonda Shear loses half her sales...but that's just me.

Most of the male population will wear a skirt or dress before Shannon Smith does, but I swear to God, every time she's on I can't stop watching.

QVC has gotten younger...but most of the hotness is on during the overnights. My faves: Gabriella Kerr, Amy Stran, Lisa Robertson (say it with me, Lisa: pedal pushers and crop pants for PM Style! Work it girrlll!), Sharon Faestch, Shawn Killinger, Sandra Bennett, and Albany Irwin. And damn but I miss Lisa Mason.

HLN: I think Natasha Curry lost a bet that one day she wore a dress when she was subbing for Robin. And somebody needs to call the SWAT team in Atlanta because Jennifer Westhoeven (and her still lovely legs) is being held hostage behind that desk.

FNC/FBN: Who hired Gloria Steinem to build the new sets and run the cameras? But at least Shepard Smith gave up the leg chair.

I also dig just about every female anchor on the Weather Channel.

Thank you to the owners and operators of this site; you got a unique experience here. Also, many thanks to all the cappers and clippers, may the day soon come when I can join your ranks. We have a good thing going folks...let's enjoy it while it's still legal.

Off to fix the hooptie and go Christmas shopping, y'all...enjoy the holiday season!

LongJohnScotty is outta here!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Milestone post + bucket list add +2011 in review
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:52 pm 
Board Owner

Congrats on your 600 posts and being a dedicated member of WWoW!!! :Banana :Dancing :Banana :Dancing :Banana

As far as getting your stuff off the DVR, go to the tech forum and search through some of the discussion. If you don't find anything helpful, then ask. :Kool

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:45 pm 
Administrator

Congrats on #600! :bravosmall :Thumb

Let's hope 2012 gives you more reason to keep the DVR at critical mass. :mrgreen:

Robin Meade Video Dump - Updated 4/21/23

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:00 am 
Jedi Disciple

:Banana :Dancing Hip-hip-HOORAY! for post 600!! :Banana :Dancing :band :rock

:mrgreen: Ah, I remember my post 600 like it was yesterday...oh, wait... :jetserl :jetserl :jetserl :jetserl :jetserl

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]