Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Should I Get the amazon kindle
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:49 pm 
WWoW Member

Hey guys advice would be greatly appreciated. Should I get the Kindle Reader? I'm considering of purchasing it for my brother as a christmas time present though I could use your ideas before I get it.

Could there be something different better I can get myself for a comparable price??

Thank you very much!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Should I Get the amazon kindle
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:26 pm 
Gold Member

A grossly overhyped product (as seen by my amazon review of the item)...

I don't have one of these but...
This is one of (if not THE) dumbest invention ever created in the history of the universe. Heck, I would have given it a negative number of stars if they existed.

Why would anybody spend $139 for a machine that holds books? You spend $139 for this and get 2 books for $9.00 a piece and you've wasted almost $160.
An easier and much less expensive way is to get a FREE library card and take out books for FREE (a savings of $160 right there!).
Now it's true this machine is thinner than a book but since you can only read one book at a time what's the sense of having more than one loaded into the device?

This is just typical modern-day philosophy of spending money just because you have it...and in this case it's really not a good idea.

But that's just me. Others may want to do this :?

Post subject: Re: Should I Get the amazon kindle
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:42 pm 
WWoW regular

I would buy it for him if he really reads a lot of books and has expressed a want for it as a gift.....otherwise no.

Myself, I was first introduced to electronic books in 1998 in my freshman year of college. I think I read two or three pages before I left the computer at the school library. The material I read is mostly technical in nature and most of the fun stuff I read are interest specific such as periodicals (magazines) and journals. I prefer the physical nature of a real book myself and would never buy a electronic device for reading. I also enjoy walking through a library (very lucky to have great one in a smaller town in which I live).

Does he have something that he has a real interest in? Maybe get something related to that?

Have a great holiday!! :wave

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]