Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anybody use/used Imagehosting.com?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:22 am 
WWoW Artist

http://www.imagehosting.com

I was wondering if it's good site to host caps.I was curious because i don't think any cappers uses imagehosting.com and i was thinking there must be a reason.

Thanks

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:12 am 
WWoW Artist

Probably because it's a new image hoster (opened this year 2007) and we don't know how reliable it is. Plus, they have this in their TOS:

Quote:
This service is offered to those seeking personal, not business, hosting. If an image uses excessive bandwidth we may delete the image without prior notice and, at our discretion, suspend or terminate the account. For-profit businesses can afford their own hosting and we ask that our resources be used for personal purposes only.

You must own the copyright, or have permission from the copyright holder, for any images you upload to ImageHosting.com.

I'll stick to www.shareavenue.com which has shown to be very reliable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:02 pm 
WWoW Artist

BPM wrote:
Probably because it's a new image hoster (opened this year 2007) and we don't know how reliable it is. Plus, they have this in their TOS:

Quote:
This service is offered to those seeking personal, not business, hosting. If an image uses excessive bandwidth we may delete the image without prior notice and, at our discretion, suspend or terminate the account. For-profit businesses can afford their own hosting and we ask that our resources be used for personal purposes only.

You must own the copyright, or have permission from the copyright holder, for any images you upload to ImageHosting.com.

I'll stick to www.shareavenue.com which has shown to be very reliable.

I read the terms of use also.That's why i wanted some feedback to see how much was enforced.I assume they only delete if they get a e-mail complaint.I have no problem using imagevenue but their free account gets deleted after one year if nobody clicks on the images.I know what i cap will get pruned from W.W.o.W before the one year anyhow,but i would like to preserve them long as i can without uploading them again to imagevenue.So i did the next best thig,i opened up a I-Venue premium account.I'll see how it will workout.

Thanks for the shareavenue info,BPM!! I checked it out and i trust you word on reliability,so i'll consider it next time i need to use free imagehosting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:18 pm 
Board Owner

marlboro666 wrote:
I know what i cap will get pruned from W.W.o.W before the one year anyhow,but i would like to preserve them long as i can without uploading them again to imagevenue.So i did the next best thig,i opened up a I-Venue premium account.I'll see how it will workout.

You can host at Coppermine or create your own web page to be hosted at wwofw.com (See Cappers Central for an easy web page creation). Pics hosted that way will never get deleted. If we ever run close to our size at wwofw.com, we can always open another domain to continue on. :Kool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:37 pm 
WWoW Artist

rocky741 wrote:
marlboro666 wrote:
I know what i cap will get pruned from W.W.o.W before the one year anyhow,but i would like to preserve them long as i can without uploading them again to imagevenue.So i did the next best thig,i opened up a I-Venue premium account.I'll see how it will workout.

You can host at Coppermine or create your own web page to be hosted at wwofw.com (See Cappers Central for an easy web page creation). Pics hosted that way will never get deleted. If we ever run close to our size at wwofw.com, we can always open another domain to continue on. :Kool

I don't think sometimes.You think they will gimme a refund? :jetserl
Let me check it out!!

Let's say Yoda forbids W.W.o.W shuts down(Please no negative PM)Would everything get deleted or will the cappers still have access to it because W.W.o.W and coppermine is a whole different entity?

Thanks.

Post subject: Regards to I-Venue premium account
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:49 pm 
WWoW Artist

The + side of I-Venue premium is your caps will not get deleted unless you violate their rules.Also if you hotlink.

The - side is it still have ads and the speed to upload and view is the same as free account.I'll check it out regarding the ads when i use it for my next post.

Just giving anyone the heads up if your thinking about it.Or just do what Rocky suggested,Coppermine,baby!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:08 pm 
Board Owner

marlboro666 wrote:
rocky741 wrote:
marlboro666 wrote:

I don't think sometimes.You think they will gimme a refund? :jetserl
Let me check it out!!

Let's say Yoda forbids W.W.o.W shuts down(Please no negative PM)Would everything get deleted or will the cappers still have access to it because W.W.o.W and coppermine is a whole different entity?

Thanks.

This forum and wwofw.com are on different company servers at this moment. We are currently working to move the forum to the wwofw.com server. That does not mean we will sit still. We do have Google Ad dollars to continually expand and make sure all we do is preserved in some manner. :Kool