Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 12:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NEW RULES FOR RAPIDSHARE (access now fixed)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:14 am 
WWoW Artist

Starting January 17, 2013, files must be put in a folder (I had not place them in a folder, just root) and folder access must be
given (view, download, update). I did not know this until yesterday.

However, original links are preserved and do not need to be changed.

Default folder settings changed for more privacy
Published on: 2013.01.16
The default access rights for RapidShare folders are changing today. A folder with no specific access rights will now be treated as a "private" folder. This means even if someone knows a download link of a file, the file cannot be downloaded as long as you don't change the setting. In your File Manager you can always check the access right setting of all folders. In detail, the old and new access rights are as follows:

OLD NEW
Browse permission
(Others can see a list of the files in the folder) none none
Download permission
(Others can download files from the folder if they know the exact download link) Public (everybody) none
Upload permission
(Others can upload files to the folder) none none
In the past, your files were already well protected from unwanted access because the exact download link was only known to you. However, we think the default settings for an online service should provide maximum privacy and then let the customers decide if they want their data to be available to others, not the other way around.

If you want to use file download links in the classic way (i.e. sending the link to someone else who then downloads the file), you have to explicitly activate the "download" permission. Then the behaviour is the same as before.

If you encounter any problems or questions regarding the folder access rights, our support team will gladly help you by email or phone.

May want to forward this to others...

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: NEW RULES FOR RAPIDSHARE (access now fixed)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am 
Administrator

I had heard some sort of rumblings about this beforehand. Still need to change everything of mine over, I'll do it soon.

A write up from their Facebook page...

Quote:
Dear RapidShare users, the default access rights for RapidShare folders have changed on January 15, 2013. We think the default settings for an online service should provide maximum privacy and then let the customers decide if they want their data to be available to others, not the other way around. Therefore a folder with no specific access rights will be treated from now on as a "private" folder. In your File Manager you can always check the access right setting of all folders. By right clicking on a folder or a file you will find a drop down menu where you can change the settings under "Privileges". Please note that the access rights can only be defined for folders, not for the "root folder" (which actually is not a real folder). If you have not used folders yet, and you want to change the access rights for all your files, the easiest way is to just create one folder and move all the files to that folder.
If you want to restore the old default behaviour for a folder, please be aware that you only have to enable the download privilege for the folder, not the browse privilege. The browse privilege allows others to see the folder and its content, and it is not necessary for downloading a file via the download link.
In case you have troubles downloading files, please contact the file owner so they can change the settings. Also, you can always contact support@rapidshare.com for all of your questions.

Robin Meade Video Dump - Updated 4/21/23

Profile Send private message