Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 10:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Recording scheduler on Wintv7 situation..need help
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:38 am 
WWoW Artist

I have a wintv7 tv tuner. I was leaving the house. I wanted to set up recordings on the scheduler. I did set them up. But then I turned off tuner. I come back hours later and see they didn't record. The recordings were still on the scheduler. I got an error saying the scheduler was not turned on so the recording failed. But then it started recording once I had the tv tuner on anyways. I had to stop it since it was not correct time or what I wanted. I would hate to have to leave on the computer and waste power...wouldn't work well if I was gone a day or two. In the past two months or so that I have had wintv... there were times when I left the house and left the tv tuner on in background, then it records. This was third time I turned off the tuner and recording failed. I am still in the testing phase. Is there anyway to record and turn off the computer or the tv tuner? Would hate to go back to an outdated DVR which cannot record in digital or high definition quality with the QAM channels.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Recording scheduler on Wintv7 situation..need help
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:24 am 
WWoW Artist

You can't turn the computer off and expect the scheduler to record anyting to your computer. The wintv scheduler and capture apps simply can't run if the computer isn't turned on.

I'm not sure what you mean by turning the tuner off.....??

The WinTV7 has a scheduler app, capture app and playback app.

They are all independent of one another, but interact with one another.

The open scheduler simply starts the capture app at the desired time and tells the tuner what channel to tune to at the scheduled time.

The capture app uses the tuner and does the recording work for both the scheduler and the playback app.

The playback app lets you use the tuner to change channels, watch, record and pause live TV thru the tuner, or play back a recorded show previously recorded to your computer. It records a small buffer to a special folder whenever it is running - these are treated as temp files and the wintv app removes them later. However, when you click the record button while in the playback app, it uses the capture app to do the actual recording.

You might try d/l'ing a new version of WinTV7 and/or re-install the one you have. My WinTV7 scheduler records fine with the wintv7 app closed (but the computer has to be running, of course).

Post subject: Re: Recording scheduler on Wintv7 situation..need help
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:08 pm 
WWoW Artist

OK. I kind of figured you can't turn off the computer. Has to be on then. You are saying though that is should be able to record with the app off and computer on. Ok then. I understand. I wonder if I made a mistake in scheduling yesterday because it didn't record an hour. But other than that, I had no problems.