Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bulk image downloads with Save Images in Firefox
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:27 pm 
WWoW regular

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ve-images/

It's a great add on that can make your life easier if you download a lot of pictures. I recently got it and am very impressed, so I want to guide others to help speed up your downloads.

Tools -> Save Images -> Options

Those are how I set my options to filter out which images are saved from whatever place(page,tabs, etc). Since I never see any pictures posted on here smaller than 500 in width or 300 in height, those are my minimum. You'll have to ignore duplicates too, since it doesn't by default. With those 2 options, you've eliminated pretty much all the images that could interfere with what you want.

First example: Using auto open/save to download any amount of pictures. Once you know where you're saving(save tab), click and drag with the mouse to select your images. Then auto open and save them. In the general tab you can chose whether you want the dialog box coming up each time or not. This is the method you would want for a big amount.

Second example: You have several tabs open with an image in each one from the gallery you're looking at. There are different settings you can use, but I like to click in the window to the left of the pictures and have all pictures in tabs to the right saved. Check "close tab after saving" in save tab.

Third example: Picking out a select few from a big list. The pictures you want to download often aren't right next to each other, so clicking/dragging won't work. Here's a way without having to open too many tabs. Beforehand write down or memorize the links you want to open. Deselect all the links then pick the ones you want. Save the images in the current tab.

I hope this helps some people, happy viewing and downloading.

Last edited by foxguy on Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Bulk image downloads with Save Images in Firefox
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:15 pm 
Board Owner

Thanks for the tutorial! :D

I moved it to the Tech Forum where it really belongs. :Thumb

Profile Send private message