Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Super Bowl LIV: 49ers vs Chiefs
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:03 am 
Silver Member

The 100th NFL season ends with Super Bowl LIV between the San Francisco 49ers and the Kansas City Chiefs, a battle between two young star QBs, and two tight ends who showed out this season. Here's how they got here.

The San Francisco 49ers came off a season that was marred with a big injury to Jimmy Garoppolo. With Jimmy back and fully healthy, it was a foregone conclusion that the Niners would be a strong force in the NFC. The Niners steamrolled the competition and finished 13-3, resulting in the #1 seed in the NFC. The team defeated the Minnesota Vikings in the Divisional Playoff, and blasted the Green Bay Packers in the NFC Championship to reach the Super Bowl for the seventh time in franchise history. SF is 5-1 in Super Bowls, having won SBs XVI, XIX, XXIII, XXIV, and XXIX, but their one loss came just seven years ago in SB XLVII. They are one of four teams with at least five Super Bowl Championships, with the other three being the Cowboys, Steelers, and Patriots--the latter two having won six each.

The Kansas City Chiefs were determined after falling in last year's AFC Championship to the Patriots in overtime, and their road was not an easy one. Patrick Mahomes actually missed a few games due to injury, but once he was back, KC managed to get back on track, even though they had to come from behind many times. The final week of the season saw the Chiefs clinch a first-round bye with a win and the Dolphins upsetting the Patriots on the road; KC and NE each finished 12-4, but KC had H2H over the Pats. The Divisional Playoff looked like it was going to be yet another disappointment for the Chiefs, as they were down 24-0 against the Houston Texans. However, they outscored Houston 51-7 after that, and the AFC Championship saw them defeat the upstart Tennessee Titans. This is Kansas City's third overall Super Bowl appearance, and their first in 50 years. This is also KC's first SB appearance since the 1970 merger; their previous appearances in I and IV were AFL vs NFL, with the Chiefs winning SB IV.

KC has the edge in QB, but RB goes to the Niners. Kelce (KC) and Kittle (SF) are the two best tight ends in the league, but I'd have to give the edge to Kelce. Both teams boast a good crop of receivers, and the Niners have the Chiefs beat in defense. I predict a high scoring Super Bowl; at least I'm hoping so after last year's game. When the game ends, and the final whistle blows, a certain team will party like it's 1969.

Prediction: Chiefs 38, 49ers 34

Signature Credit: Divas-Heaven.com

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LIV: 49ers vs Chiefs
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:53 pm 
Silver Member

Chiefs 31, 49ers 20

Chiefs pick up yet another comeback win; scoring 21 straight points to win their first Super Bowl in 50 years. Patrick Mahomes (in his 2nd season) is Super Bowl MVP.

Signature Credit: Divas-Heaven.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:51 am 
Administrator

I knew the key would be being able to contain Mahomes, which the Niners certainly couldn't do in the 4th. This game could've gone either way, but too many mistakes on SF's part sealed their fate. I hate to see my Niners lose, but I congratulate the Chiefs on a well fought game, and both the city and Andy Reid deserve this.

Robin Meade Video Dump - Updated 4/21/23

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:17 pm 
WWoW Artist

I agree, the 49'ers had the game seemingly in control--until the final minutes.
Still, most experts throughout the week were calling this game "a classic". It will definitely rank up there with 2004, 2002, 1991, 1989, and 1980 (almost a similar type ending when Vince Ferragamo had his only interception with a little over 5 minutes left against the Steel Curtain of Pittsburgh.)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:39 pm 
Jedi Knight

So glad I didn't stop watching in the 4th quarter.

Congrats to the Chiefs and their many fans. It only took 50 years to snag that second Lombardi Trophy. ;)

The Niners will definitely be in the running next season. They are young and loaded with talent.