Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: afc and nfc title game thoughts
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:28 pm 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

lets start with that nfc title game. first off this is the best rivalry in all of sports. two great teams. two great coaches. this game came down to the end and that seahawks defense who proved once again why they are the best defense in football. colin kaepernick is going to be a great qb but the turnovers did the 49ers in. russell wilson will never be the flashiest player with the best stats, but he makes plays when he needs to, and marshawn lynch was awesome too running the ball. say what you want about richard sherman, he can play and makes big plays in big moments. nice shot at the cleveland browns by curt menefee on the fox sports post game show saying brandon weeden was taken before russell wilson. one last stat on this game that won't be mentioned anywhere else: does buddy nix the former buffalo bills gm regret drafting tj graham a wide receiver who barely knows the bills playbook instead of russell wilson in the 3rd round of the 2012 draft?

denver won the game up front and with peyton manning's great performance. maybe its finally caught up to belichick that you cannot win with brady and an offense that really was pretty inexperienced to say the least. denver's defense really shut down new england's running game early which made new england one dimensional. if denver can run the ball like they did against san diego and new england, they have a great chance to win the super bowl.

super bowl prediction coming next week

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: afc and nfc title game thoughts
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:34 pm 
Gold Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:38 pm 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

that interview was awkward to say the least. i think sherman's act is very wwe'ish.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:41 pm 
Silver Member

johnkay wrote:

:jetserl @ Sherman. Dude is a clown,but he's entertaining. Erin was visibly annoyed at him yelling in her ear about Crabtree.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:50 pm 
Gold Member

I respect the heart he puts into the game. I'm not defending Sherman but didn't Crabtree smack his helmet just before that? Well, maybe I am defending him :jetserl

I have no horse in this race but it's nice to see the two #1 seeds in the Super Bowl.
And it's #1 Offense vs. #1 Defense

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:28 am 
Administrator

All I was hoping for was for the 49ers to not repeat their embarrassing Seattle effort from the regular season. The game went back and forth to the very end, and other than the final SF drive, it was a good game. And now I hope Denver carves 'em up for dinner.

Robin Meade Video Dump - Updated 4/21/23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:11 pm 
WWoW Artist

Colin Cowherd said it best on his morning show,

"Richard Sherman is simply a goofball. He did not cuss...He has a Communications degree from Stanford."

"Rip the media. What were you expecting, more refined answers?"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:30 pm 
Gold Member

Sherman is self-centered and thinks he is the best and he will learn in the Super Bowl that he is not.

Jenna Lee- Avatar
Megyn Kelly- Display Pic.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:01 pm 
Bronze Member

The NFC game was a tough battle. Reminded me of Steelers vs. Ravens. To me it's about styles and I really feel that if SF would've beat Seattle, that they would've easily defeated Denver in the SB. That being said unless something really odd happens I do see Denver beating Seattle. In order for Seattle to win I feel that Wilson is going to need to step up big time and make some huge splash plays himself whether that be running or passing.
The AFC game was a letdown but the bottom line is that Denver played a clean efficient and near error-free 60 minutes. As for the Pats they really overachieved didn't they? With all the injuries, no names, and Hernandez mess they shouldn't even have made it that far so give them credit for doing so.
As far as Sherman....not a fan of the guy but the NFL is probably happy he ranted because it created a storyline for this Super Bowl and gave the media something to talk about. I never have a problem with an athlete that trash talks if - and only if - he or she can back it up with their play. We'll see if Sherman can.

My prediction:
Denver 29, Seattle 19
MVP: Peyton Manning

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:34 pm 
Silver Member

I like the video of the kids imitating Sherman

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]