Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dr. Jennifer Ashton To Leave ABC News
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:07 pm 
WWoW Artist

Announced on today (Thursday) on GMA3, the woman constantly known as "America's Favorite Doctor", Dr. Jen Ashton will be embarking on a new business venture for her women’s wellness company, Ajenda.

The premise of her company will focus on weight loss and several other key topics on women’s health.

According to her Instagram page, her last day on ABC will be on July 1. Only fitting that she made this announcement on a rainy day in New York. Go figure.

Here is more on this announcement, with the exclusive first word mentioned by The Hollywood Reporter:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/jennifer-ashton-leaving-abc-news-good-morning-america-gma-women-wellness-company-ajenda-1235876227/

We will definitely miss her, but GMA3 has a very capable guy in Dr. Darrien Sutton, who has done a noble job in taking over whenever Dr. Jen is on vacation, or the time when she married one of the key owners of the Boston Red Sox in late 2022.

Let's wish Dr. Jen all the best, and I hope we can make a push to her former colleagues in Amy Robach and T.J. Holmes to get her to be a guest on their podcast.

Last edited by bigzman on Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Dr. Jen Ashton To Leave ABC News
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:59 pm 
WWoW Artist

From her Instagram:

"THANK YOU ALL, FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, FOR YOUR KIND WORDS! I WENT INTO MEDICINE AND NUTRITION TO HELP PEOPLE AND I NEVER EXPECTED THAT ONE OF THE WAYS I WOULD DO THAT WOULD BE THROUGH TELEVISION AND REACHING MILLIONS OF PEOPLE. NOW, WITH THE LAUNCH OF MY COMPANY AJENDA, I WILL CONTINUE THIS MISSION WITH MANY EXCITING NEW AVENUES. YOU CAN FOLLOW ALONG AT www.joinajenda.com Until July 1, you can still see me on GMA and GMA3 everyday. Love you all!"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:13 pm 
WWoW Artist

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/tv/2024/04/18/dr-jennifer-ashton-leaving-gma-3-abc/73374265007/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:12 am 
WWoW Artist

Dr. Jen made it official on Friday's GMA when she was interviewed by Pro Football Hall of Famer Michael Strahan.

Her last day on ABC will be July 1.

On her Instragram Friday morning in part she said:
"Honored and proud to be a part of the stellar team for the past 13 (years) and to have helped with your understanding of the medical and health headlines that you care about."

GMA3 on that Monday is going to be bittersweet, that's for sure. After she explained why she is doing her own online business on women's health in a separate Instagram post--at least we can all understand why she is going to devote "100 percent" of her time and energy to helping as many women as possible to live longer, healthier lives.

And yes, she even might help some guys as well.
Look up Ajenda and the sign-up to her newsletter is free.

Post subject: Re: Dr. Jennifer Ashton To Leave ABC News
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:55 pm 
WWoW Artist

At least, there is one happy post to mention from Tuesday's show:

Her dog Mason made it on set, 9 years old already and it is Dr. Jen's birthday! :Kool :Kool :Kool

Although this will be the last time that the TV community will share in her birthday, but it won't be the last in terms of the online world as we are nearing the final two months of her time at ABC News.

And the countdown to try and get her on the Amy & T.J. Podcast has begun in earnest.