Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Amy Robach in Quarantine, 12-27 Update
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:45 pm 
WWoW Artist

She explained why she is staying at home during the opening segment of GMA3 on Monday afternoon.

Similar to what happened in March with Liz Claman of Fox Business, she came in contact with a staffer after Thursday's show. Shortly after contact tracing--the person whom she interacted with tested positive for COVID-19. :(

However, the good news is that Amy has tested negative each day :D :D .

She is adjusting while being at home full-time, and was smiling in the final few moments of the segment. And just like most anchors and reporters around the world, it will be multiple Zoom moments with her five children during Christmas and probably New Year's Day as well.

One last comment on Amy's setup--there is a nice picture window overlooking one side and on the other side is what appears to be a wooden picture frame or a peg board filled with past wine and champagne corks. I am not sure what it exactly is, but that is just my guess.

This is unlike what Liz has shown us every Sunday through Thursday at 6 p.m. Eastern time on her Twitter page in giving us the futures report. Once in a while, her computer pans to the living room window at her house in New Jersey. Talk about a strange view, her house sits right at the mouth of the Hudson River :Doh . But at least, her dog Rosie gets plenty of air time :mrgreen:

So for Kayless and others who love capping Amy, sadly this will be the last time we will see her in New York for the rest of 2020.

Hopefully come 2021, Amy will be "back and better than ever" (a quote from what longtime ESPN reporter Mike Greenberg did for many years earlier this century on the radio side when Mike and Mike was the fun and the popular program which aired for 17 years each weekday morning.)

Let us keep Amy and her family in our prayers for their health and safety. Like she has said numerous times throughout this pandemic, masks do work and everyone needs to continue to observe social distancing whenever possible.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Amy Robach in Quarantine, 12-27 Update
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:26 pm 
WWoW Artist

Amy did an entire show from her home, mostly because of the Nor'easter blanketing all of New England with upwards of anywhere from 2 to 3 feet (scary.)

If any of you here on this board are in those affected areas, I feel for you having survived three major blizzard myself--but mostly during the late 1970's when very little help in digging ourselves out took several days (nothing like it is today.)

Hang in there, everybody. As long as you have power, hopefully things will be fine. :Thumb

Post subject: Re: Amy Robach in Quarantine, 12-27 Update
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:24 pm 
Silver Member

My local ABC affiliate WSET has been doing their late night newscasts with one anchor in the studio while one anchor, Mark Spain has had a camera with him at home. I never caught word on if Mark caught Covid-19, or was forced to stay in quarantine due to being in contact with someone affected.

Post subject: Re: Amy Robach in Quarantine, 12-24 Update
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:05 am 
WWoW Artist

Sorry if I briefly jumped ahead, but Amy did return on Christmas Eve--albeit it was a previously recorded broadcast.

Hopefully, she is back after being in contact who has the coronavirus. Let's continue to pray for her during this very trying time.