Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Laura Rutledge named host of revamped NFL Live
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:22 pm 
Bronze Member

In my opinion, Laura is a rising star at ESPN. She's been on SportsCenter, Get Up, and First Take over the past couple of years, and now NFL Live is a big step for Laura big time. As for Wendi Nix, I would see her staying with ESPN and join SportsCenter in the mornings full time. ESPN is using some SEC Network talent like Laura Rutledge and Alyssa Lang as rising stars. They could be the real deal for years to come. http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espn-planning-revamped-nfl-live-with-laura-rutledge-dan-orlovsky-marcus-spears/

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Laura Rutledge named host of revamped NFL Live
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:50 pm 
Silver Member

Good for Laura though wondering why Sam Ponder can't move to Bristol (or New York) full-time and do NFL Live. Also, Maria Taylor is another star on the rise. College Football coverage is going to look different without Rutledge and Taylor there, depending what ESPN does with Taylor. Does she replace Laura on Get Up? I wonder whose going to be in for Laura on SEC Nation (please not Marty Smith).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:42 pm 
Bronze Member

newsguy wrote:
Good for Laura though wondering why Sam Ponder can't move to Bristol (or New York) full-time and do NFL Live. Also, Maria Taylor is another star on the rise. College Football coverage is going to look different without Rutledge and Taylor there, depending what ESPN does with Taylor. Does she replace Laura on Get Up? I wonder whose going to be in for Laura on SEC Nation (please not Marty Smith).

I suggest Alyssa Lang would replace Laura on SEC Nation in addition to possibly joining SportsCenter in the 12pm hour.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:49 pm 
Silver Member

infamous04 wrote:
newsguy wrote:

I suggest Alyssa Lang would replace Laura on SEC Nation in addition to possibly joining SportsCenter in the 12pm hour.

So ESPN would need to hire two new sideline reporters if Maria and Alyssa are gone from the coverage. Maria did some NBA stuff and possibly will do some more (which would overlap with College Football season if that season starts on time).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:28 am 
Bronze Member

newsguy wrote:
infamous04 wrote:
newsguy wrote:

So ESPN would need to hire two new sideline reporters if Maria and Alyssa are gone from the coverage. Maria did some NBA stuff and possibly will do some more (which would overlap with College Football season if that season starts on time).

That would be huge. Someone has to fill Maria, Alyssa, and maybe Molly McGrath and/or Olivia Dekker's shoes on the sideline reporting side.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:43 pm 
Silver Member

infamous04 wrote:
newsguy wrote:
infamous04 wrote:
newsguy wrote:

That would be huge. Someone has to fill Maria, Alyssa, and maybe Molly McGrath and/or Olivia Dekker's shoes on the sideline reporting side.

I'm surprised that Molly hasn't gotten more opportunities with ESPN especially with her experience with FS1 (she was the first on-air person on the channel) co-anchoring a show (though it was mostly Mike Hill). I think she should have been at least had a trial run as a Sportscenter anchor like Laura and Michele Steele (and possibly soon Ashley Brewer). They could have got her and/or Sam Steele to continue with Coast to Coast when Cari left (and Cari might have something soon beside the Titan games).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:51 pm 
Silver Member

I read somewhere that Laura WILL STILL HOST SEC NATION. Really? Of all the talent they have and yet they keep Laura on SEC Nation. They could hire another sideline reporter even with the Covid-19.