Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wendi Nix and her future at ESPN in doubt
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:23 pm 
Bronze Member

I would be shocked if Wendi Nix and/or Trey Wingo leaving ESPN sooner or later, but I would see Wendi signing a new deal with ESPN in the coming days or weeks ahead, likely join SportsCenter on the morning side. She could be a great fit for 12pm hour. She, Alyssa Lang, and Toni Collins would be a great rotation along with David Lloyd. Fingers crossed that she's staying with ESPN and joining SportsCenter soon. http://nypost.com/2020/06/09/trey-wingo-wendi-nix-in-espn-limbo-due-to-massive-reshuffling/

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Wendi Nix and her future at ESPN in doubt
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:37 pm 
Silver Member

Honestly, I hope they keep her some way or another. She one of my favorites. However, probably not looking too good.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:43 pm 
Bronze Member

newsguy wrote:
Honestly, I hope they keep her some way or another. She one of my favorites. However, probably not looking too good.

I agree. I hope she joins SportsCenter full time. She would be a great fit in the AM or 12pm slot. She could pair with Nicole Briscoe daily and/or weekends by the time football season coming up.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:59 pm 
Silver Member

infamous04 wrote:
newsguy wrote:

I agree. I hope she joins SportsCenter full time. She would be a great fit in the AM or 12pm slot. She could pair with Nicole Briscoe daily and/or weekends by the time football season coming up.

Let's hope so because there's probably more talent than spots available especially now with Covid-19. It's been Toni and Sage mostly (though Elle and Hannah were on this week). Plus you have Ashley Brewer on the rotation (though she's mostly on Quibi). Probably wait to see if ESPN brings back AM Sportscenter.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:10 pm 
Bronze Member

newsguy wrote:
infamous04 wrote:
newsguy wrote:

Let's hope so because there's probably more talent than spots available especially now with Covid-19. It's been Toni and Sage mostly (though Elle and Hannah were on this week). Plus you have Ashley Brewer on the rotation (though she's mostly on Quibi). Probably wait to see if ESPN brings back AM Sportscenter.

I hope so too. SportsCenter AM hasn't been on since March. Hope it comes back.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:15 pm 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

Wendi Nix does a good job. I hope she stays. I do like Laura Rutledge though. She is really a big time star in the making there at ESPN.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:27 pm 
Silver Member

If not, Wendi does have other options like NBC Sports Boston, maybe go back to NESN, also MLB Network is a possibility.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:27 am 
Bronze Member

newsguy wrote:
If not, Wendi does have other options like NBC Sports Boston, maybe go back to NESN, also MLB Network is a possibility.

A show called The Rundown with Kelly Nash and Wendi Nix would be huge. Maybe Quick Pitch as part of the hosting rotation with Heidi Watney, Kelly Nash, and even maybe Kelsey Wingert.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:28 pm 
Silver Member

infamous04 wrote:
newsguy wrote:

A show called The Rundown with Kelly Nash and Wendi Nix would be huge. Maybe Quick Pitch as part of the hosting rotation with Heidi Watney, Kelly Nash, and even maybe Kelsey Wingert.

It would be nice, maybe have Heidi Watney be in the rotation of MLB Tonight. Then have Wendi Nix and Kelsey Wingert split time on Quick Pitch. Wendi on weekdays and Kelsey on Weekends and Kelly Once in a while (or once a week, I know that The Rundown doesn't air every day).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:51 pm 
Silver Member

Saw Wendi hosted College Football Live today.