Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fox Business Ditches Trish Regan
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:46 pm 
Bronze Member

FBN "parted ways" w/Trish Regan
https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-busin ... t?ref=home
"...intend to focus on my family during these troubled times...I’m looking forward to this next chapter in my career.”

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Fox Business Ditches Trish Regan
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:22 pm 
WWoW Artist

That is a major surprise. I am guessing that re-runs of Jamie Colby's Strange Inheritance show could be making a comeback?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:54 pm 
I've posted THIS MUCH????!!

Same thing, different source, something stinks somewhere.

https://centurylink.net/news/read/artic ... egory/news

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:07 pm 
Bronze Member

Interesting, so obviously the “indefinite hiatus” that she “fully supported” was all a lie.
And this is the typical Friday Night News Dump.
(Trish hired for a cushy government job in 3, 2, 1…)

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:48 pm 
Silver Member

She got punished for that everyone at Fox said and yet she's the only one that's gone. It's like when Fox forced out Kim Guilfoyle and yet Hannity receives calls from the president on a daily basis. Nothing changed at Fox.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:11 am 
Bronze Member

It's unfortunate but predictable.
Like most who join FOX News, they eventually leave in a climate of controversy and/or have their career tarnished over time.

I think Trish is an on-air talent who crossed a line. To have a conservative viewpoint on the economy and other subjects is one thing but to endorse ideas from a lunatic fringe is another. :Doh Calling politicians anti-American, saying the Coronavirus is an Impeachment Scam, having a know conspiracy theorist, Jerome Corsi as a regular guest. :Bang
May not be unusual for FBN but it leads to an ugly eventuality. :?

I really hope Trish doesn't end up in a government position. (ex. Morgan Ortagus) Perhaps by the fall she will find her way back to a stable network covering the economy.
Yahoo! Finance? TD Ameritrade? :cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:40 pm 
WWoW Artist

Name:Unknown wrote:
Like most who join FOX News, they eventually leave in a climate of controversy and/or have their career tarnished over time.

I think Trish is an on-air talent who crossed a line. To have a conservative viewpoint on the economy and other subjects is one thing but to endorse ideas from a lunatic fringe is another. :Doh Calling politicians anti-American, saying the Coronavirus is an Impeachment Scam, having a know conspiracy theorist, Jerome Corsi as a regular guest. :Bang

I really hope Trish doesn't end up in a government position. (ex. Morgan Ortagus) Perhaps by the fall she will find her way back to a stable network covering the economy.

Agree mostly but after her pivot from reporting business like Maria, Nicole, Lauren, etc. do, to loud partisan politics she's made herself too risky for all but the organizations way to the right of Fox. I hope Alex Jones is hiring.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:41 pm 
Bronze Member

Trish is a martyr to many ppl now & she's smart enough to capitalize on it... maybe she'll have her own podcast or forum, maybe she'll write a book (which means on-stage panels, which in turn means LEGS). Trish knows those gams are bread & butter, you could see how hard she fought to show them off on Primetime even though the new execs at FOX made changes to hide them.

I have faith she'll find a way to deliver those Hall of Fame gams now that FOX isn't holding her back. This may be a blessing in disguise for those of us who missed her highly-entertaining leg shows.

Now if she gets a job with Trump that's a different story... all we'll get is head & shoulders in that case. Love him or hate him, TRUMP KNOWS LEGS... he took Nauert & Morgan from us, Kirtsjen Nielsen, Nikki Haley, they all have exceptional gams... Hell, Kellyanne Conway & Sarah Sanders (yeah, I said it) have hot legs too.

It's like Trump's hoarding all the legs.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:04 pm 
I've posted THIS MUCH????!!

Read somewhere else that FBNAM was getting the ax too. See what you get when you put a female in charge of other females. :Bang

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:41 pm 
Silver Member

Name:Unknown wrote:

It bothers me that she wasn't the only one to deny the Coronavirus being a serious threat at Fox. They called a hoax at first and the Chinese Virus which is causing other problems and yet she's the only one at paid for it and everyone else still has their job.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:08 am 
WWoW regular

I’m assuming most folks commenting on this thread aren’t exactly avid Fox News watchers.

So, if anyone else reading this is curious about the facts and not just here to hate on the network, then you should know that what Trish and other hosts did was accuse the Left of all but rooting for coronavirus to wreak havoc. They also reported on the number of annual fatalities due to influenza.

Fox supporters will say this was to inform and reassure the public. Fox haters will say this was merely trying to downplay the virus bc it would keep the markets afloat for Trump’s benefit.

Either way, nothing that Trish or any other Fox host said is grounds for dismissal. Also, if Fox is as detestable as the folks in this thread believe, wouldn’t Fox endorse their employees’ partaking in deceptive actions for Trump’s benefit? Why would they fire her for toeing the company line?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:03 am 
Bronze Member

blackpacino wrote:
Trish is a martyr to many ppl now & she's smart enough to capitalize on it... maybe she'll have her own podcast or forum, maybe she'll write a book (which means on-stage panels, which in turn means LEGS). Trish knows those gams are bread & butter, you could see how hard she fought to show them off on Primetime even though the new execs at FOX made changes to hide them.

I have faith she'll find a way to deliver those Hall of Fame gams now that FOX isn't holding her back. This may be a blessing in disguise for those of us who missed her highly-entertaining leg shows.

:ditto

On-stage panels, book tour :Thumb
I agree that it may be a blessing in disguise. Trish is a true talent and hopefully reevaluates and makes a comeback.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:37 am 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

Trish has had a, ahem, colorful history in the TV biz
Just ask Mika Brzezinski
When Hannity says stuff like that, people say that’s just Hannity
When Trish says it, people say that’s just Fox
Trish the Dish might have run out of networks

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:16 am 
Bronze Member

Bottom line: she didn’t have the ratings to survive saying something dumb.
Hannity does.

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:03 pm 
WWoW regular

hanley wrote:
Hannity does.

I'm sorry, but that's simply not how it works. I have background in these matters, and the notion that a company with the internal counsel resources of Fox Corporation would have so carelessly exposed themselves to lawsuit is just not realistic. Trish left on her own accord, as evidenced by the fact that other reporters who made comparable statements are not only still employed, but, as yet, still actively reporting. Terminating one person for a given cause but not another would be akin to writing Mrs. Regan a multi-million dollar check.

There are any number of reasons Trish left--maybe this was long in the works; maybe she wanted more family time; maybe (tho unlikely and undeserving) she was admonished and thus decided to resign. It'll be her decision how much she wants to share. Perhaps, as some have mentioned, we'll be lucky enough to see her pop up elsewhere. In any case, I wish her nothing but luck.

Last edited by wineguy on Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:18 pm 
Bronze Member

wineguy wrote:
hanley wrote:
Hannity does.

I'm sorry, but that's simply not how it works. I have background in these matters, and the notion that a company with the internal counsel resources of Fox Corporation would have so carelessly exposed themselves to lawsuit is just not realistic. Trish left on her own accord, as evidenced by the fact that other reporters who made comparable statements are not only still employed, but, as yet, still actively reporting. Terminating one person for a given cause but not another would be akin to writing Mrs. Regan a multi-million dollar check.

There are any number of reasons Trish left--maybe this was long in the works; maybe she wanted more family time; maybe (tho unlikely and undeserving) she was admonished and thus decided to resign. It'll be her decision how much she wants to share. Perhaps, as some have mentioned, we'll be lucky enough to see her pop up elsewhere. In any case, I wish her nothing but luck.

Sorry, I don’t believe for a second that she “left.”
They dumped her.

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:38 pm 
Silver Member

hanley wrote:
wineguy wrote:
hanley wrote:
Hannity does.

Sorry, I don’t believe for a second that she “left.”
They dumped her.

I agree, they removed her. Plus, it's not the time to look for another job and she could spend time with her family and work at home where most news people are doing now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:33 am 
Bronze Member

All valid points made.
Bottom line is many may not give Trish the benefit of the doubt but maybe her time at FBN was partially an act/performance. She was a credible broadcast journalist at one point who could sound reasonable. :cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:53 pm 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

She definitely went over the line with her comments. I’m glad people get the caps they did of here. She’s definitely hot!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:22 am 
WWoW regular

Given the hyperbole on both sides of the political divide these days, her comments were not that over the top. Hence I suspect there was more to her departure than we will ever know about.

Having said that, I thought she was the most beautiful FNC anchor, which is saying something. Those legs are legendary and she definitely wasn't coy about showing them off. In fact I think I only saw her wear pants once the whole time she was at Fox. Hope they reappear soon somewhere else.