Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Melissa Le Fevre to leave ABC13 WSET on Feb. 28
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:34 am 
Silver Member

Melissa Le Fevre, meteorologist for ABC13 in Lynchburg, Virginia announced on social media Wednesday that she will be leaving the station on Feb. 28. But she is doing it under strange circumstances.

Melissa, far left with the ABC13 Good Morning Virginia team; Melissa Schroeder, Pattie Martin and Cynthia Beasley

She released this statement on social media:

Quote:
Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the yoda with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."
Our lives are beautiful books with incredible chapters. My chapter in Lynchburg has been nothing short of extraordinary. Virginia is gorgeous, but it is the people that outshine even the loveliest of sunrises.
For almost five years you have welcomed me into your homes, greeted me in the community and been a constant reminder of how much good there is out there.
Your trust in not only myself, but our weather and news team has been something special. I've heard many say they feel we are family, but in a similar manner you all have become family to me as well.
But sometimes God calls us to a new chapter, and it is our job to trust that our Father knows the path and guides His sheep.
So I'm obeying His call to move forward into a new season, while cherishing the time I've had with you. You trusted me in the stormy times and enjoyed the sunshine alongside me too. For that I am grateful.
The broadcast business can be lonely as many of us leave our families to pursue our dreams. It has been a dream to be a part of the Heart of Virginia, and I carry you in my heart. I've been away from home for quite some time, and I'm trusting that I'll be able to get closer to those I love.
My last day at ABC 13 will be February 28th. And while I may be off the air, know that I'll still be watching the weather in the Commonwealth and be back to visit.
They call it the present because each moment is a gift. I thank you for the moments we've shared, and know I'm going to enjoy each moment we have left.
Thank you for allowing me to be a small chapter in your lives. You have been an amazing and impactful part of mine.

Could it possibly be that she is homesick? She's originally from Atlanta, Georgia. Could it be that after 5 years of being on the 5am news that she's become exhausted with such a shift? Several former ABC13 employees have left for other pastures. Former GMV anchor Shelley Basinger left the station due to being exhausted of the 5am shift. Shelley is now the managing editor of a local magazine called Lynchburg Living. Jen Silvers, a former reporter is now a regional manager with the YMCA. Melinda Zosh, a former reporter left to be a salesman for BMW, before returning to news. She is now an anchor in West Virginia. Matt Ferguson, Melissa's predecessor on GMV left to go into real estate, although he returns to the station from time to time in fill in roles with weather.

But the strangest case definitely belongs to former WSLS10 meteorologist Kristina Montuori, who took a failed relationship and turned it into a career as a traveling comedienne.

Hopefully Melissa will land on her feet, but the reasons for her leaving a job after 5 years is certainly a mystery.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Melissa Le Fevre to leave ABC13 WSET on Feb. 28
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:57 am 
Silver Member

I felt bad for Kristina. It sounded she left for more reasons than giving a divorce. The station made her a blonde and a big chest I'll say. With a market like yours Dawg, it's either they continue to do the news and leave for bigger, better opportunities, leave the biz, or stay in the biz and in the city (unsure how common that is there). There's also they in the news and city, have a kid or two, and then leave the biz though that one is common in any market. I can think of three females news anchors/reporters that did that in my neck of the woods (one of them was replaced by Courtney Robinson).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:11 am 
Silver Member

newsguy wrote:
I felt bad for Kristina. It sounded she left for more reasons than giving a divorce. The station made her a blonde and a big chest I'll say. With a market like yours Dawg, it's either they continue to do the news and leave for bigger, better opportunities, leave the biz, or stay in the biz and in the city (unsure how common that is there). There's also they in the news and city, have a kid or two, and then leave the biz though that one is common in any market. I can think of three females news anchors/reporters that did that in my neck of the woods (one of them was replaced by Courtney Robinson).

Kristina pretty much had it all. Sexy blonde with an incredible body. But she was never seen as a ditzy anchor. She went to a private catholic school, and always sounded extremely educated. Although I've seen pictures of her and it made me question as to if she had breast implants. If you look at any of her Facebook and Instagram posts lately, her body has completely changed. Her face is never caked with makeup like it was on TV. And it seems as if she's lost all of her curves, including her once very noticeable chest.

Kristina in her WSLS10 days....
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQauvg1YRYk[/youtube

Kristina now as a standup comedienne
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_b6VDSTHDY

Her comedy and Instagram are filled with some pretty dark humor, mostly based on her pain.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:11 am 
Silver Member

Didn't we talk about this before? Her station made her wear a blonde wig and filled her bra and get gone tried of this :censor. I read she started her meteorologist career in a small station in Texas, then came home after her dad died, got a job as a producer before becoming a meteorologist and then leaving to become a comedian.