Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Predictions for 2020
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:14 pm 
Bronze Member

New year coming up. What are your predictions for 2020?

Mine are as follows:

Kristine Leahy joins Entertainment Tonight as new co-host.
Tammie Souza joins WGN or NBC Chicago.
Nancy O'Dell joins Daily Pop as occasional fill-in anchor for Carissa Culiner while she's on maternity leave.
Sara Walsh and/or Jade McCarthy rejoins ESPN and SportsCenter.
Molly McGrath joins 6pm SportsCenter as anchor replacing Sage Steele.
Ashley Brewer expand her role at ABC7 Los Angeles by joining SportsCenter Coast to Coast/SportsCenter Los Angeles as fill-in anchor for Cari Champion.
Maria Taylor and Sam Ponder join SportsCenter as occasional fill-in anchors during NFL and College Football offseasons.
Danielle Trotta joins NBCSN full time.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Predictions for 2020
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:38 pm 
Bronze Member

What’s your take on Natalie Morales and Meredith Vieira??

Patricia Heaton?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:59 pm 
Bronze Member

BaseballRocks30 wrote:
What’s your take on Natalie Morales and Meredith Vieira??

Patricia Heaton?

Good question. NatMo returning to Today Show after she left Access Hollywood earlier this year is a blessing. She could expand her Today Show role by joining E! News in NYC as frequent correspondent/fill-in co-host for Lilliana Vasquez and Scott Tweedie.
Meredith Vieira's 25 Words or Less is a hit on syndication.
Patricia Heaton has her own TV show called Carol's Second Act. As far as her past show Raymond goes, I think the show is good especially when Ashley Tisdale co-stars.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:18 am 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

The more we can see of Maria Taylor the better! She is so hot and really good at her job!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:49 am 
Silver Member

infamous04 wrote:

Mine are as follows:

Nancy O'Dell joins Daily Pop as occasional fill-in anchor for Carissa Culiner while she's on maternity leave.
Ashley Brewer expand her role at ABC7 Los Angeles by joining SportsCenter Coast to Coast/SportsCenter Los Angeles as fill-in anchor for Cari Champion.
Maria Taylor and Sam Ponder join SportsCenter as occasional fill-in anchors during NFL and College Football offseasons.

Honestly, I hope Kristine Leahy stays in sports either with Fox Sports covering XFL games or ESPN
I think Morgan Stewart might have a better chance at hosting Daily Pop on a temp basis than Nancy and I think Morgan did. Possible she could do that and Nightly Pop. Probably split with Nina Parker.
I would love it if Sara and Jade came back to ESPN but highly doubtful. Even if ESPN considered them again, I doubt Sara and Jade would come back after getting fired for being pregnant. I think Elle Duncan has a better shot at replaced Sage Steele than Molly McGrath. Honestly, Sage should have been fired not Jade, Jaymee, and/or Sara. Molly has a better shot on Sportscenter LA along with Ashley Brewer. Do like the Sportscenters with Maria and Sam though probably just Maria maybe with Laura Rutledge as well (unless she permanently with Get Up). I see Sam doing NFL Live during the offseason.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:35 pm 
Jedi Knight

Jim Gardner retires from WPVI.
Maggie Kent gets the weekend anchor gig also at WPVI. (Has been a lot more in studio this month).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:45 pm 
Silver Member

infamous04 wrote:

Mine are as follows:

She moved to Philly a couple three years ago after being on FOX32 in Chicago for a while. She seems happy there, but who knows? We'd love to have her back in Chicago!

Connoisseur of fine gams everywhere....*

* A MEGA-Thank you to those who provide us with such fine art through their efforts... it is truly appreciated!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:04 pm 
Bronze Member

lakeshoredave wrote:
The more we can see of Maria Taylor the better! She is so hot and really good at her job!

:ditto

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:24 pm 
WWoW Artist

NBC5 already has five weather people in place, but I think she could land for a third time (can you believe it) at FOX 32.

Of course, whenever Tom Skilling decides to hang it up for good--WGN could be calling. But that is another topic for another day.

My other predictions:

Hannah Storm will return to cover some weeknights whenever Sage Steele is not around.

Kay Adams leaves the NFL Network to take over as one of the studio reporters for the new Marquee Sports Network, covering all things Chicago Cubs. She would also do the lead-ins for all biography shows of Cubs greats, replays of past games, and lead the coverage during the annual Cubs Convention starting in January 2021.

Speaking of the Cubs, longtime former NBC Sports Chicago reporter Kelly Crull might be returning either to San Diego or Oklahoma City, where she got her start.
With David Kaplan staying with NBC Sports Chicago, Kelly could probably end up again hanging around the dugout during all Cubs home games and select road games.

Charissa Thompson pinch hits for Shannon Spake whenever she is not covering NASCAR.

Katrina Campins from The Donald's former reality show The Apprentice hosts a CNBC reality show on how savvy celebs in Florida get away with the best real estate deals.

Cheryl Scott of ABC7 Chicago is chosen to be on Dancing With the Stars for the fall season.

Several of the Briefcase Gals from both iterations of Deal or No Deal film a music video--with Brooks Leach (who not only became the first person to be a contestant on two separate games, but also turned down a lifetime supply of Sprecher root beer) and Tony Oriente (the jovial bingo drum roller guy) as potential love interests.

Finally, Jane Pauley and Meredith Vieira retire--but a way to go out with NBC doing flashback specials in primetime.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:54 am 
Bronze Member

bigzman wrote:
NBC5 already has five weather people in place, but I think she could land for a third time (can you believe it) at FOX 32.

Of course, whenever Tom Skilling decides to hang it up for good--WGN could be calling. But that is another topic for another day.

My other predictions:

Hannah Storm will return to cover some weeknights whenever Sage Steele is not around.

Kay Adams leaves the NFL Network to take over as one of the studio reporters for the new Marquee Sports Network, covering all things Chicago Cubs. She would also do the lead-ins for all biography shows of Cubs greats, replays of past games, and lead the coverage during the annual Cubs Convention starting in January 2021.

Speaking of the Cubs, longtime former NBC Sports Chicago reporter Kelly Crull might be returning either to San Diego or Oklahoma City, where she got her start.
With David Kaplan staying with NBC Sports Chicago, Kelly could probably end up again hanging around the dugout during all Cubs home games and select road games.

Charissa Thompson pinch hits for Shannon Spake whenever she is not covering NASCAR.

Katrina Campins from The Donald's former reality show The Apprentice hosts a CNBC reality show on how savvy celebs in Florida get away with the best real estate deals.

Cheryl Scott of ABC7 Chicago is chosen to be on Dancing With the Stars for the fall season.

Several of the Briefcase Gals from both iterations of Deal or No Deal film a music video--with Brooks Leach (who not only became the first person to be a contestant on two separate games, but also turned down a lifetime supply of Sprecher root beer) and Tony Oriente (the jovial bingo drum roller guy) as potential love interests.

Finally, Jane Pauley and Meredith Vieira retire--but a way to go out with NBC doing flashback specials in primetime.

Kay Adams leaving NFL Network? If she goes, who's going to replace her? Jaymee Sire? Jane Slater?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:00 am 
Bronze Member

newsguy wrote:
infamous04 wrote:

Mine are as follows:

Honestly, I hope Kristine Leahy stays in sports either with Fox Sports covering XFL games or ESPN
I think Morgan Stewart might have a better chance at hosting Daily Pop on a temp basis than Nancy and I think Morgan did. Possible she could do that and Nightly Pop. Probably split with Nina Parker.
I would love it if Sara and Jade came back to ESPN but highly doubtful. Even if ESPN considered them again, I doubt Sara and Jade would come back after getting fired for being pregnant. I think Elle Duncan has a better shot at replaced Sage Steele than Molly McGrath. Honestly, Sage should have been fired not Jade, Jaymee, and/or Sara. Molly has a better shot on Sportscenter LA along with Ashley Brewer. Do like the Sportscenters with Maria and Sam though probably just Maria maybe with Laura Rutledge as well (unless she permanently with Get Up). I see Sam doing NFL Live during the offseason.

If there was a possible shakeup on SportsCenter in 2020, that would be huge. Ashley Brewer would make a great team with Linda Cohn on SportsCenter LA, Molly McGrath would be a great fill-in for Cari Champion on Coast to Coast, Elle would make a great pair with Kevin Negandhi on 6pm side, and Jade and Sara would make a great team whether it's Nicole Briscoe, Jay Harris, Matt Barrie, or Randy Scott on morning SportsCenter shows.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:57 am 
Silver Member

I predict that Kristine Leahy stays in Sports either with Fox Sports or ESPN. Also would it be something if Ashley Brewer did the headlines for Cowherd? Since her and Kristine look alike.

Also I think Laura Rutledge will do a Dancing with the Stars but unlikely unless they do a Spring season again. Unless she can do some work over at LA.

Robin Meade going on the Masked Singer would be awesome. Also, anyone else besides Robin, Christi, with a good singing voice?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:42 pm 
WWoW Artist

That could be an interesting set of pairings, considering how much Stephen A. Smith has been rising up the ranks way quicker than the "En Fuego" era of Dan Patrick and Keith Olbermann.

Regarding my prediction of Kay Adams, I heard her say in a podcast that baseball was her first love growing up. And Marquee is promising to bring in "big name talent" before the former Dancing With The Stars contesant having to fulfill the basic staid, "Who impressed you the most this past week?", "How huge is this series coming up against the Cubs biggest rival?"--Cubs manager "The David Ross Show" (and don't call him the puppet of the great Joe Maddon.)

infamous04 wrote:
newsguy wrote:
infamous04 wrote:

Mine are as follows:

If there was a possible shakeup on SportsCenter in 2020, that would be huge. Ashley Brewer would make a great team with Linda Cohn on SportsCenter LA, Molly McGrath would be a great fill-in for Cari Champion on Coast to Coast, Elle would make a great pair with Kevin Negandhi on 6pm side, and Jade and Sara would make a great team whether it's Nicole Briscoe, Jay Harris, Matt Barrie, or Randy Scott on morning SportsCenter shows.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:21 pm 
Bronze Member

I wanna see Meredith V on some talk shows and the today show exposing those million dollar legs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:54 pm 
WWoW Artist

With Hoda Kotb no longer in the picture and Dylan Dreyer on maternity leave, who knows? That could be a possibility, and what role will Natalie Morales play in the grander scheme of things.

BaseballRocks30 wrote:
I wanna see Meredith V on some talk shows and the today show exposing those million dollar legs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:59 pm 
Bronze Member

Good call Bigzman... I would love to see MV fill in for Dylan.. but she’s on The 10am hour with

Jenna? No? I think NBC would have to pay her alot of money- Today needs an upgrade, but her her show 25 words or less in effect so that might interfere and she neve wears a dress or skirt just pants

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:02 pm 
Silver Member

More skirts for the ladies on the shopping channels and upskirts and the boring guys get the boot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:47 pm 
WWoW Artist

bigzman wrote:
With Hoda Kotb no longer in the picture

Did I miss something? I know Hoda is planning to get married and then of course she'll go on a honeymoon but is there more than that?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:17 am 
WWoW Artist

Not to get off topic briefly, which ladies might be thinking of moving over to QVC once HSN says farewell for good?

Anyone to take a stab at who might be good enough to take on the gold standard as far as home shopping channels is concerned?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:06 pm 
WWoW regular

I can see Thea Andrews becoming Kevin Frazier's new co-host on Entertainment Tonight (she was previously on their former sister show "The Insider"), because Kristine Leahy is a little too young to succeed Nancy O'Dell...but then again, Mary Hart was only 31-32 when she joined in 1982.

In addition...I'd love to see Victoria Justice on either Dancing With The Stars or The Masked Singer, because she hasn't been doing much in a few years except for show up in events.

And after Jennifer Aniston finally took the plunge this year...Sandra Bullock and/or Jodie Foster finally joins social media as a way to stay relevant.