Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jessica Mendoza demoted at ESPN
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:06 pm 
Bronze Member

Jessica Mendoza demoted at ESPN if anyone cares:
https://nypost.com/2020/02/07/jessica-m ... espn-role/

-MelvinMoogleman

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: The Big Lead's 40 under 40
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:59 am 
Silver Member

hanley wrote:
Jessica Mendoza demoted at ESPN if anyone cares:
https://nypost.com/2020/02/07/jessica-m ... espn-role/

Apparently, MLB does a better job protecting whistleblowers. She should not said that about Fiers. Can they get Jennie Finch to do some games?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:22 pm 
WWoW Artist

I wonder if Lauren "Shehottie" Shehadi is in the running to replace Jessica...she's been MIA from MLB Network from over a month...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:39 pm 
Bronze Member

I believe Mendoza was more of a game analyst, assume her spot will go to an ex-MLB player or manager

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:43 pm 
Silver Member

MilwaukeeMak wrote:
I wonder if Lauren "Shehottie" Shehadi is in the running to replace Jessica...she's been MIA from MLB Network from over a month...

I'm sure she'll be back soon. Spring Training coming up.

Post subject: Re: Jessica Mendoza demoted at ESPN
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:23 pm 
WWoW Artist

Here are some more details about Jessica's next assignments with ESPN after leaving a front office position with the New York Mets:

https://awfulannouncing.com/mlb/jessica-mendoza-parts-ways-with-the-mets-gets-a-new-espn-contract-and-a-demotion-being-spun-as-a-promotion.html

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:47 pm 
Bronze Member

bigzman wrote:
Here are some more details about Jessica's next assignments with ESPN after leaving a front office position with the New York Mets:

https://awfulannouncing.com/mlb/jessica-mendoza-parts-ways-with-the-mets-gets-a-new-espn-contract-and-a-demotion-being-spun-as-a-promotion.html

I wouldn’t exactly say she left the Mets.
Sounds like they dumped her.

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:53 am 
WWoW Artist

With all of the shakeups happening inside the Mets organization following the firing of Carlos Beltran moments after the news about the Houston Astros sign stealing scandal first became public, it was a good thing Jessica managed to get out while she did.

The way I see it otherwise--to put it in simple terms, this is going to be quite a resume builder:

SportsCenter

ESPN Radio, where she really enjoys being on mornings with Golic and Wingo. She will also be heard again covering a majority of the MLB Playoffs each October and the World Series

Baseball Tonight: The Podcast with Buster Olney, featured on occasion when key baseball notes need to be explained more than what is aired typically on First Take or PTI.

Back on the baseball TV beat with some games during the week, basically replacing the analyst role left behind when David Ross became the manager of the Chicago Cubs.

Analyst for NCAA College World Series softball and reporting from Tokyo, Japan during the Olympic baseball and softball tournaments.

Basically, I don't get why this is all defined as a so-called "demotion." This is not what Jay Cutler did in leaving Fox before he announced a game and decided to join his wife for that E! reality series, which is all about Kristin and her girlfriends :Doh .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:42 am 
Silver Member

bigzman wrote:
With all of the shakeups happening inside the Mets organization following the firing of Carlos Beltran moments after the news about the Houston Astros sign stealing scandal first became public, it was a good thing Jessica managed to get out while she did.

The way I see it otherwise--to put it in simple terms, this is going to be quite a resume builder:

SportsCenter

ESPN Radio, where she really enjoys being on mornings with Golic and Wingo. She will also be heard again covering a majority of the MLB Playoffs each October and the World Series

Baseball Tonight: The Podcast with Buster Olney, featured on occasion when key baseball notes need to be explained more than what is aired typically on First Take or PTI.

Back on the baseball TV beat with some games during the week, basically replacing the analyst role left behind when David Ross became the manager of the Chicago Cubs.

Analyst for NCAA College World Series softball and reporting from Tokyo, Japan during the Olympic baseball and softball tournaments.

Basically, I don't get why this is all defined as a so-called "demotion." This is not what Jay Cutler did in leaving Fox before he announced a game and decided to join his wife for that E! reality series, which is all about Kristin and her girlfriends :Doh .

Actually Cutler left Fox to play one more season with the Dolphins.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:02 pm 
Bronze Member

Too bad. She is an exceptional analyst.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:11 pm 
Bronze Member

bigzman wrote:

SportsCenter

It’s totally a demotion, which is explained well here:
https://awfulannouncing.com/mlb/jessica ... otion.html

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:43 pm 
Silver Member

It's a demotion let's be honest.