Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cari Champion Leaves ESPN, Changes to SportsCenter
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:33 pm 
Bronze Member

Cari announced that she's leaving ESPN after 7 years. https://twitter.com/CariChampion/status ... 6884403200
In addition, SportsCenter will see different anchor pairings after the week of the Super Bowl. Elle Duncan will anchor the noon and Sunday morning shows, Nicole Briscoe will anchor the Thursday/Friday/Saturday morning show, Hannah Storm will anchor Monday morning, weekend, and noon shows, and Antonietta Collins will anchor Tuesday and Wednesday morning shows. https://www.espnfrontrow.com/2020/01/da ... -february/
You'll see whole lot more of Elle, Nicole, Hannah, and Antonietta in the daytime from February to possibly August the time the upcoming football season starts.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Cari Champion Leaves ESPN, Changes to SportsCenter
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:51 pm 
Silver Member

Sad to hear Cari is leaving. I hope she lands elsewhere (FS1 Maybe). Also, surprised ESPN isn't continuing with the Coast to Coast especially they could have hired Kristine Leahy or Ashley Brewer or gone in house and had Molly McGrath or Samantha Ponder to move to LA (if they could get Linda Cohn to move, I'm sure they could have gotten one of those ladies to move especially when they live in the West Coast). It's to see Elle Duncan and Toni Collins see some constant airtime.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:18 am 
WWoW Artist

All I can see going forward could be plenty of capping opportunities--especially with more of Hannah and seeing Nicole for three straight mornings.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:00 am 
Bronze Member

newsguy wrote:
Sad to hear Cari is leaving. I hope she lands elsewhere (FS1 Maybe). Also, surprised ESPN isn't continuing with the Coast to Coast especially they could have hired Kristine Leahy or Ashley Brewer or gone in house and had Molly McGrath or Samantha Ponder to move to LA (if they could get Linda Cohn to move, I'm sure they could have gotten one of those ladies to move especially when they live in the West Coast). It's to see Elle Duncan and Toni Collins see some constant airtime.

I agree. Ashley Brewer could use some fill-in roles in late night L.A. SportsCenter. As for 6pm side, Kevin Negandhi who just signed a extension to stay with ESPN, and Sage Steele are good as it was since the 2013-14 days of Lindsay Czarniak and John Anderson who used to anchor the 6pm show. I'd be surprised if Sage leaves ESPN and/or SportsCenter in the near future.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:59 am 
Silver Member

infamous04 wrote:
newsguy wrote:

I agree. Ashley Brewer could use some fill-in roles in late night L.A. SportsCenter. As for 6pm side, Kevin Negandhi who just signed a extension to stay with ESPN, and Sage Steele are good as it was since the 2013-14 days of Lindsay Czarniak and John Anderson who used to anchor the 6pm show. I'd be surprised if Sage leaves ESPN and/or SportsCenter in the near future.

Honestly, I hope Sage does leave. I'm still pissed she kept her job after insulting protesters on social media and yet ESPN boots people who were pregnant and Jaymee Sire who did nothing wrong (at least I don't think she did nothing wrong).