Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fair Game with Kristine Leahy cancelled
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:39 pm 
Bronze Member

According to Michael McCarthy, Kristine Leahy's show Fair Game has cancelled:

https://twitter.com/MMcCarthyREV/status/1204502657290919936

Avid fans can remember her from being a reporter on American Ninja Warrior.

In-between, she worked for CBS2 and KCAL9, selected Boston Celtics games, The Herd, and First Things First.

With FS1 making some big changes for Super Bowl weekend and beyond in 2020, would they be willing to either keep her there or cut ties with her at least?

She still has quite a loyal social media following, both on Twitter and Instagram.

If I had to take a guess, I surely hope Kristine could join the following options.

Consider this:

ESPN, SportsCenter in Los Angeles should be a possible destination for Kristine. Stan and Neil anchoring weeknights, Linda Cohn on weekends as well. I would be surprised if Ashley Brewer could join L.A. version of SportsCenter in addition to her duties at ABC7.

E! News, with the show moving to New York next month, it's a slim chance that Kristine could join the show. My guess is that Maria Sansone who used to anchor Good Day LA, Yahoo!, The Hub, and NBC First Look could be the new host of the new E! News soon.

And of course, there is always Entertainment Tonight.

We all know that Nancy O'Dell left ET few months ago--at some point. It is not the question of how, but when.

Bottom line--sure hope Kristine is doing fine now and that she thinks that joining the ET team as new co-host along with Kevin Frazier would make all the sense in the world.

I will try my best to keep fans up to date.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Fair Game with Kristine Leahy cancelled
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:24 am 
Silver Member

That's a shame though I've only watched for a minute or so and that's it. ESPN would be a possibility for both Kristine and Ashley (they could be sisters). Depending on what they do with Cari Champion or if they decide to hire a sub. Probably the latter. Also, I think Fox Sports can keep Kristine because Fox hasn't released what they're going to do with sideline reporters for the XFL. They released the first team but no sideline reporters yet. I doubt Erin Andrews would be considered though she did a WWE event.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:21 am 
WWoW regular

I hope Kristine joins ET in time for the Oscars, which are a little earlier than usual next year: February 9th, one week after the Super Bowl over on Big Fox.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:44 am 
Silver Member

Also Nicole Zalumois could be a possibility for ESPN in LA especially since the Raiders are moving to Las Vegas and it's either her moving to LV or going back to LA.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:31 pm 
Bronze Member

Just two months after Fair Game cancelled, as of now, Kristine is no longer with Fox Sports. https://theathletic.com/1633106/
I expect Kristine to join the Entertainment Tonight team as a new host sometime this spring or summer or beginning of next season.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:46 pm 
Bronze Member

Wish I had a dollar for every woman who’s allegedly going to ET.
Also wonder how the current hosts there feel.

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:16 pm 
Silver Member

infamous04 wrote:
Just two months after Fair Game cancelled, as of now, Kristine is no longer with Fox Sports. https://theathletic.com/1633106/
I expect Kristine to join the Entertainment Tonight team as a new host sometime this spring or summer or beginning of next season.

Really? I wished that she did XFL games. Guessing that Fox Sports couldn't find anything for her to do. Here's hoping she gets sign by ESPN (maybe do coast to coast again). These Sports Reporters are moving around like Quarterbacks will be doing soon.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:42 am 
Bronze Member

newsguy wrote:
infamous04 wrote:

Really? I wished that she did XFL games. Guessing that Fox Sports couldn't find anything for her to do. Here's hoping she gets sign by ESPN (maybe do coast to coast again). These Sports Reporters are moving around like Quarterbacks will be doing soon.

Can you imagine that Kristine would be on SportsCenter Coast to Coast with Nicole Briscoe possibly in the near future? Ratings would be gold.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:54 pm 
WWoW regular

This was a type of discussion show that use to be very common. Modern TV viewers just don't have the attention span for this kind of show. I miss it a lot.