Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tammie Souza departs from NBC10 in Philadelphia
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:49 pm 
WWoW Artist

According to Robert Feder, her three year contract expired:

https://www.robertfeder.com/2019/12/10/robservations-nbc-5s-siafa-lewis-breaks-sports-box/

Avid fans can remember her (especially mikieb) from being on NBC5 in Chicago during the late 1990's before moving for one of two stints on WFLD, Fox 32.

In-between, she worked for a few years at WTSP in Tampa, Florida.

With WMAQ having no less than five (yes, you read that right) meteorologists on staff, would Fox 32 be willing to bring her back into the fold?

She still has quite a loyal social media following, both on Facebook and Twitter.

Some other brief background from how NBC5 changed once one-time rock DJ Brant Miller took over the weekday beat:

One time former weekend meteorologist Cheryl Scott worked for a few years after leaving Knoxville, Tennessee. As we all recall, Cheryl replaced Ginger Zee in 2011 when she left to head to New York.

The rest, they say is history.

If I had to take a guess, I surely hope Tammie returns to Chicago.

Consider this:

WLS, ABC7 is very much set on Cheryl Scott since she took over full-time duties after the retirement of veteran Jerry Taft (who ironically enough, is spending time in Florida as an Uber driver :Victory .)

WBBM, CBS2 is set in the mornings with Megan Glaros and Mary Kay Kleist. Once they lost veteran and overall nice guy in Steve Baskerville, things have not been the same.

And of course, there is always WGN Channel 9--since they no longer have to air live sports.

Someday, we all know that Tom Skilling will retire--at some point. It is not the question of how, but when.

Bottom line--sure hope Tammie's son is doing fine healthwise and that she thinks returning to Chicago would make all the sense in the world.

I will try my best to keep fans up to date.

Last edited by bigzman on Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Tammie Souza departs from NBC10 in Philadelphia
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:15 pm 
Silver Member

I remember her from Tampa, she was the first female chief meteorologist either in Tampa or WTSP history but she left after a few years. Also, I miss Ashley Batey who left for Ohio earlier this year.

Profile Send private message