Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Would we see a Pickler & Zee one of these days?
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:19 pm 
Silver Member

I believe this should happen if Ben is out but I think more than likely she'll host the show if Pickler is out or Strahan and Sara filling in for Sara.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Would we see a Pickler & Zee one of these days?
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 12:02 am 
WWoW Artist

I'd love to see Ginger Zee get more screen time, but Pickler and Ben isn't coming back for a third season. The jury remains out on Strahan and Sara, but from the way they've rebranded and overhauled the show, I don't know if it will survive past September. I like Sara Haines and hope she pops up somewhere else, though.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 12:06 am 
Silver Member

epictimewaster wrote:
I'd love to see Ginger Zee get more screen time, but Pickler and Ben isn't coming back for a third season. The jury remains out on Strahan and Sara, but from the way they've rebranded and overhauled the show, I don't know if it will survive past September. I like Sara Haines and hope she pops up somewhere else, though.

That's a shame I liked Pickler and Ben though I'm sure Ben is happy he doesn't have to worry about the long distance away from Ginger and their kids.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 8:09 am 
WWoW Artist

Zee was on a episode where the spouses came on of the hosts. Show seems to be ok. It is taped in Nashville I have gathered. Pickler is a good host. But if it is not renewed not surprised. In my area Pickler and Ben replaced Access Hollywood Live that just lost Natalie Morales.

Also destined to fail are all the upcoming new talk shows listed for 2019. That I know of so far include Tamron Hall. And that woman who was the first winner of American Idol and just hosted The Billboard Awards, Kelly Clarkson. Steve Harvey was even cancelled to add Clarkson. Don't dislike Clarkson but not sure I want to see her daily. But I don't really watch talk shows much.

As for Sara Haines, I wonder if she might be gone from ABC if her show is axed. She had issues over at The View relating to chemistry and getting bored of politics if you believe the gossip online and she wanted back on GMA and they gave her this show. Now is on maternity leave. We just saw Paula Faris leave ABC after not getting what she wanted following her View exit about 10 months later. So see what happens but Sara's show is decent.

P.S. Indeed Pickler and Ben got cancelled. Two seasons or two years seems the point where some newer shows get axed. Harry Connick Jr's show was axed after two seasons as was Katie Couric's show and others like Jeff Probst. I am not sure how long Meredith Vieria's show lasted but it too was short. Pickler and Ben was officially canned two months ago on March 30th.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 10:28 am 
Silver Member

Brettfan wrote:
Zee was on a episode where the spouses came on of the hosts. Show seems to be ok. It is taped in Nashville I have gathered. Pickler is a good host. But if it is not renewed not surprised. In my area Pickler and Ben replaced Access Hollywood Live that just lost Natalie Morales.

Also destined to fail are all the upcoming new talk shows listed for 2019. That I know of so far include Tamron Hall. And that woman who was the first winner of American Idol and just hosted The Billboard Awards, Kelly Clarkson. Steve Harvey was even cancelled to add Clarkson. Don't dislike Clarkson but not sure I want to see her daily. But I don't really watch talk shows much.

As for Sara Haines, I wonder if she might be gone from ABC if her show is axed. She had issues over at The View relating to chemistry and getting bored of politics if you believe the gossip online and she wanted back on GMA and they gave her this show. Now is on maternity leave. We just saw Paula Faris leave ABC after not getting what she wanted following her View exit about 10 months later. So see what happens but Sara's show is decent.

P.S. Indeed Pickler and Ben got cancelled. Two seasons or two years seems the point where some newer shows get axed. Harry Connick Jr's show was axed after two seasons as was Katie Couric's show and others like Jeff Probst. I am not sure how long Meredith Vieria's show lasted but it too was short. Pickler and Ben was officially canned two months ago on March 30th.

I'm also unsure about Kelly Clarkson hosting a talk show, I rather they kept Pickler and Ben but that's me.