Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Natalie Morales Fired
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:22 am 
Bronze Member

News outlets are reporting Natalie has been fired by NBC as part of a revamp of Access Hollywood. Her replacement is rumored to be Mario Lopez. Natlie's great looks aside, she is much better journalist than Mario Lopez. I will miss her. This is yet another reason not to watch NBC.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Natalie Morales Fired
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:23 am 
WWoW Artist

I must say, since Comcast/Xfinity took over from GE several years back, the Peacock has never been the same :( .

Most websites are reporting that Natalie will continue her role on Today as their West Coast correspondent.
Sure hope she finds something else to occupy her day, even with her cookbook definitely worth keeping on your shelves. :Thumb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:53 am 
WWoW Artist

Coincidentally Natalie Morales was scheduled to appear on Fallon last night and for some reason I really thought it would be my Natmo. I mean he has Guthrie & Kotb on. But it was the actress instead. Anyhow I tweeted Nat about it and she must be feeling a bit vulnerable at this point because she liked my tweet. I always enjoy when that happens. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:55 pm 
WWoW Artist

I can only imagine there are many more women named Natalie Morales, too many to count on one hand.

Last edited by bigzman on Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:26 pm 
WWoW Artist

bigzman wrote:
I can only imagine there are many more women named Natalie Morales too. Google Search, here we go.

While that is true the only NMs that constantly conflict are those two. It's a pain because every time I search Natmo (and I constantly do so) regardless of the nature of the site I have to wade through a mix of Morales the actress & Natmo. They did finally meet a year or so ago in a hotel lobby and took pics together. But separately they both have talked about it being a hassle at times. Oh well; as long as the pay checks go to the right address I guess they'll survive, lol.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:39 pm 
Silver Member

You have got to be kidding?! :censor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:02 pm 
WWoW Artist

Natalie Morales stays on at NBC
https://pagesix.com/2019/03/20/natalie- ... hollywood/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:36 pm 
WWoW Artist

Like I mentioned, it will be interesting what happens to Access. Wonder what it will be like later in the summer?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:43 pm 
I've posted THIS MUCH????!!

She was the only reason to watch Access,. :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:12 pm 
WWoW Member

Man, this really sucks. I really got into watching AHL a lot more once NatMo was brought in, I liked her chemistry she had with Kit. Now, I'm not so sure if I'll continue watching it or not as I'm not really a fan of Mario Lopez.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:37 pm 
Silver Member

bigzman wrote:
I can only imagine there are many more women named Natalie Morales, too many to count on one hand.

I know there's two Allison Williams' one is an actress who happens to be the daughter of MSNBC anchor Brian Williams and the other is an ESPN Reporter.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:31 pm 
Bronze Member

Doesn't Mario Lopez host Extra?

Must suck that she moved her whole family out West. Especially since that third hour imploded with Megan Kelly. She could have stayed on Today as is.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:32 am 
Bronze Member

The page six story seems bogus, she apparently WAS canned from Access but is also staying with Today in some (probably minor) role, at least until her contract runs out.
Unfortunately you only get a short run on those Hollywood shows if you don’t bring in any ratings.
Ask Charissa Thompson.
Also wouldn’t be surprised to see Natalie reappear on a morning show somewhere else (MSNBC, CNN, etc... she could also be a good choice for the View or Talk next time a spot opens)

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:09 pm 
WWoW Artist

The only thing bogus is someone arbitrarily deciding what is or what is not bogus. Both Access & Access Live are nominated for daytime emmys so it would seem that whatever changes are coming are not due to the shows popularity.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:12 pm 
WWoW Artist

"She wasn't fired. We just removed her from her show, and hired someone else instead."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:18 pm 
WWoW Artist

Access fans, you can exhale, because ... Natalie Morales did not get fired, after all.
Countless reports have been falsely claiming that the host had been axed in light of Executive Producer Rob Silverstein leaving the program. Further, the stories claimed Natalie was "furious" from being let go from Access but would still stay on as the Today show's West Coast anchor. On top of all that, these "rumors" went on to say that Extra host Mario Lopez would instead be taking over (Extra is departing NBC and will begin airing on Fox starting in the fall of 2019).
But guess what? None of it appears to be true ... at least, for now. Page Six alleges that they spoke directly to an Access executive who denied all the claims and said "Natalie has not been fired. She is and will continue to be a huge part of the NBC family. Our new EP will start next week."
Okay, but is Natalie Morales leaving Access?
With that being said, the publication does note that Natalie "will likely" be exiting the program and Mario could be joining the show soon ... but, again, this is not confirmed, so take it with a grain of salt at this point. GoodHousekeeping.com reached out to Access, and reps had no comment.
Either way, what is set in stone is that Access's new Executive Producer will be Judge Judy's Hot Bench and The Ellen DeGeneres Show alum Maureen FitzPatrick. But other than that, NBC has yet to make a formal announcement about any further changes. So now ... we wait.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/e ... cess-live/
TBC....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:59 pm 
Bronze Member

Nick! wrote:
The only thing bogus is someone arbitrarily deciding what is or what is not bogus. Both Access & Access Live are nominated for daytime emmys so it would seem that whatever changes are coming are not due to the shows popularity.

Sorry, bosses don’t care about awards, at least not as much as they care about ratings/money.

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:00 am 
Bronze Member

epictimewaster wrote:
"She wasn't fired. We just removed her from her show, and hired someone else instead."

:rock

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:22 am 
WWoW Artist

hanley wrote:
epictimewaster wrote:

:rock

hanley you are a nothing more than a troll. You have a problem with me and any anchor I like. Well that going to end.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:51 am 
WWoW regular

hanley wrote:
Nick! wrote:

Sorry, bosses don’t care about awards, at least not as much as they care about ratings/money.

:lol: Mario Lopez’s no talent a$$ isn’t going to change that.