Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Natalie Morales Fired
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:59 am 
Silver Member

Nick! wrote:
Access fans, you can exhale, because ... Natalie Morales did not get fired, after all.
Countless reports have been falsely claiming that the host had been axed in light of Executive Producer Rob Silverstein leaving the program. Further, the stories claimed Natalie was "furious" from being let go from Access but would still stay on as the Today show's West Coast anchor. On top of all that, these "rumors" went on to say that Extra host Mario Lopez would instead be taking over (Extra is departing NBC and will begin airing on Fox starting in the fall of 2019).
But guess what? None of it appears to be true ... at least, for now. Page Six alleges that they spoke directly to an Access executive who denied all the claims and said "Natalie has not been fired. She is and will continue to be a huge part of the NBC family. Our new EP will start next week."
Okay, but is Natalie Morales leaving Access?
With that being said, the publication does note that Natalie "will likely" be exiting the program and Mario could be joining the show soon ... but, again, this is not confirmed, so take it with a grain of salt at this point. GoodHousekeeping.com reached out to Access, and reps had no comment.
Either way, what is set in stone is that Access's new Executive Producer will be Judge Judy's Hot Bench and The Ellen DeGeneres Show alum Maureen FitzPatrick. But other than that, NBC has yet to make a formal announcement about any further changes. So now ... we wait.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/e ... cess-live/
TBC....

THIS. All week long, THIS.

NBC has no good reason to fire or replace NatMo. Not sure about ratings or awards, but there is great chemistry between Nat and Kit, and the show looks like a lot of fun. Whomever is even suggesting that Mario Lopez replace her needs to look for a new line of work.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:27 am 
Silver Member

epictimewaster wrote:
"She wasn't fired. We just removed her from her show, and hired someone else instead."

That kind of sounds like she was fired plus if it also sounds like NBC won't renew her after her contract is up.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:21 am 
Bronze Member

Nick! wrote:
hanley wrote:
epictimewaster wrote:
"She wasn't fired. We just removed her from her show, and hired someone else instead."

:rock
li
hanley you are a nothing more than a troll. You have a problem with me and any anchor I like. Well that going to end.

I have no idea who you are, no idea which anchors you like and don’t care about either.
Get over yourself.

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:35 am 
WWoW Founder

Keep it civil kids. :cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:11 am 
Bronze Member

My apologies for not waiting for more information before starting this thread.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:31 am 
WWoW Artist

newsguy wrote:
epictimewaster wrote:

That kind of sounds like she was fired plus if it also sounds like NBC won't renew her after her contract is up.

Yeah, she was essentially fired, they're just making it sound nice. Typical PR garbage.

notter59 wrote:
My apologies for not waiting for more information before starting this thread.

It's true, though. I'm guessing they're hoping a good looking guy will appeal to their core female demographic more than NatMo and Kit. It makes sense on paper, but if it doesn't work within like a year, I bet we'll see another host, or maybe a rotation of some sort. These network execs are all idiots. For example, ABC's execs pulled The Chew off the air, then replaced it with GMA Day, which has now become Strahan and Sara because it was doing so poorly they felt they had to overhaul everything. And the ones who pay the price are the on-air talent/production staff, not the decision makers who actually screw everything up.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:50 am 
Silver Member

epictimewaster wrote:

It's true, though. I'm guessing they're hoping a good looking guy will appeal to their core female demographic more than NatMo and Kit. It makes sense on paper, but if it doesn't work within like a year, I bet we'll see another host, or maybe a rotation of some sort. These network execs are all idiots. For example, ABC's execs pulled The Chew off the air, then replaced it with GMA Day, which has now become Strahan and Sara because it was doing so poorly they felt they had to overhaul everything. And the ones who pay the price are the on-air talent/production staff, not the decision makers who actually screw everything up.

Speaking of rotation, I wonder who they will get to fill-in for Sara when she's on maternity leave.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:48 pm 
WWoW Artist

Nick! wrote:
bigzman wrote:
I can only imagine there are many more women named Natalie Morales too. Google Search, here we go.

While that is true the only NMs that constantly conflict are those two. It's a pain because every time I search Natmo (and I constantly do so) regardless of the nature of the site I have to wade through a mix of Morales the actress & Natmo. They did finally meet a year or so ago in a hotel lobby and took pics together. But separately they both have talked about it being a hassle at times. Oh well; as long as the pay checks go to the right address I guess they'll survive, lol.

The actress NM has just this week while promoting her new primetime TV show talked about the confusion with NatMo on a bunch of the late shows but here's a funny example from when she visited the Kathie Lee and Hoda show.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=259491

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:46 pm 
WWoW Artist

Nick! wrote:
Nick! wrote:
bigzman wrote:
I can only imagine there are many more women named Natalie Morales too. Google Search, here we go.

While that is true the only NMs that constantly conflict are those two. It's a pain because every time I search Natmo (and I constantly do so) regardless of the nature of the site I have to wade through a mix of Morales the actress & Natmo. They did finally meet a year or so ago in a hotel lobby and took pics together. But separately they both have talked about it being a hassle at times. Oh well; as long as the pay checks go to the right address I guess they'll survive, lol.

The actress NM has just this week while promoting her new primetime TV show talked about the confusion with NatMo on a bunch of the late shows but here's a funny example from when she visited the Kathie Lee and Hoda show.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=259491

There is a picture of both of them together. Can't find it now. The actress has been on a lot of shows and at the time was on a NBC show. It was a good five to seven years old back when the journalist Natalie was still in New York.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:37 pm 
WWoW Artist

https://twitter.com/NMoralesNBC/media

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:18 pm 
WWoW Artist

Very cool. :Kool :Kool

One can only imagine what description Wikipedia has in describing Natalie Morales (the actor), as opposed to Natalie Morales (the broadcast journalist).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:01 am 
Silver Member

newsguy wrote:
bigzman wrote:
I can only imagine there are many more women named Natalie Morales, too many to count on one hand.

I know there's two Allison Williams' one is an actress who happens to be the daughter of MSNBC anchor Brian Williams and the other is an ESPN Reporter.

Also, I remember there yet another anchor/reporter and actor with the same name. Jennifer Hale, one is a voice actress and one is a sideline reporter.