Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Megyn Kelly's Today to end
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:29 am 
Silver Member

Listening to AM radio on the way home...... NBC headlines......... Megyn Kelly is no longer an employee due to black face comments...... walks away with 30 MILLION and says she'll be back........

Now it's "breaking news" like this and other celebrity nonsense passing for actual "News" that drives me crazy..... Really NBC? Nothing in the World is more important for the public turning to the news broadcast on their way home from working another 12 hour day than Megyn Kelly and her 30M severance? Don't forget about the latest Kardashian or miley cyrus bs.......

Even more ridiculous is Megyn's ego that rivals her rival Trump...... Someone who just a few years ago was UPSIDEDOWN in a mortgage with 3 kids is handed $30,000,000.00 to do NOTHING but GO AWAY! Says she ain't going away...... $30Mil is a lottery ticket for anyone and rather than go focus on fun, family & philanthropy on easy street - she's probably plotting her way back so she can annoy the rest of us........

While she's semi-hot and fun to look at, she isn't a super model and her opinions just annoy me. They just refuse to go away. Just like Bill O'Reilly - who probably can't go away because he lost even more money (to lawsuits) than Megyn made....... The list is endless.... these ego maniacs just don't go away......

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:44 am 
Silver Member

Seems like Fox News alums don't do well on NBC (CNN different story). Greta didn't last a month on MSNBC and Rita Cosby only a year/year and a half. I do agree, some way or another Megyn would be back.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:45 am 
WWoW regular

she'll be fine. we will see her in a couple of months talking about whatever to whoever. she got her Ca$$h.

Next time don't try to put a circle peg into a triangle.

Megyn kelly is a "live" primetime entertainer/ journalist.

Anyway she still looks hott and other than Dylan nobody at NBC could match that body.

Stay opinionated Megyn just do it after dark.

Kelly got canned because her ratings sucked and she didn't. All players in her hiring got demoted. She took her Ca$$h and got out of dodge.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:05 pm 
WWoW Artist

Jay Z wrote:
Listening to AM radio on the way home...... NBC headlines......... Megyn Kelly is no longer an employee due to black face comments...... walks away with 30 MILLION and says she'll be back........

Now it's "breaking news" like this and other celebrity nonsense passing for actual "News" that drives me crazy..... Really NBC? Nothing in the World is more important for the public turning to the news broadcast on their way home from working another 12 hour day than Megyn Kelly and her 30M severance? Don't forget about the latest Kardashian or miley cyrus bs.......

Even more ridiculous is Megyn's ego that rivals her rival Trump...... Someone who just a few years ago was UPSIDEDOWN in a mortgage with 3 kids is handed $30,000,000.00 to do NOTHING but GO AWAY! Says she ain't going away...... $30Mil is a lottery ticket for anyone and rather than go focus on fun, family & philanthropy on easy street - she's probably plotting her way back so she can annoy the rest of us........

While she's semi-hot and fun to look at, she isn't a super model and her opinions just annoy me. They just refuse to go away. Just like Bill O'Reilly - who probably can't go away because he lost even more money (to lawsuits) than Megyn made....... The list is endless.... these ego maniacs just don't go away......

The networks give the people what they want, less hard news and more fluff like celebrity "news." Network news went to 1/2 hour and there are a ton of shows like TMZ, Extra, ET, Access. You can bet that if Fox thought short skirts and lots of leg were the key to keep its ratings up they would come up with an excuse to go back to the Ailes era.

Hey Kelly got that $30 mil because she and NBC had a contract, both sides have to live up to it. It sure means she and her husband will never have to work another day in their lives but ego drives her to stay in the public view as you say for Trump. She'll find somebody that will have her because she's famous.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:13 pm 
WWoW Artist

bpl2012 wrote:
Kelly got canned because her ratings sucked and she didn't. All players in her hiring got demoted. She took her Ca$$h and got out of dodge.

Lauer, O'Reilly and Kelly committed a cardinal sin against their network, putting them in an embarrassing position where they had to buckle to public pressure and can every one of them. Yeah her show's ratings show sucked but NBC would have milked every drop out of her, found another way to use her to play off her fame so that they would get something out of the $30 million left on her contract.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:26 pm 
Bronze Member

NBC put Kelly in a spot she didn’t belong and paid the price, literally.
I don’t really see what Kelly did wrong, and if I was another network I would definitely hire her for the role she used to have at FNC.
CNN should be calling her today.

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:11 pm 
WWoW Artist

hanley wrote:
I don’t really see what Kelly did wrong, and if I was another network I would definitely hire her for the role she used to have at FNC.

What she did wrong was say that blackface is ok if it's part of a halloween costume. Yes she apologized but at her age there really isn't an excuse for not understanding that blackface is always wrong without having to "learn" that. Maybe some people who are white don't get how offensive that is but for many blacks it is a harsh reminder of slavery and the Jim crow era.

Edit: I removed the link to the article I posted so as to not trigger any trouble here.

Last edited by braniac on Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:17 pm 
WWoW regular

braniac wrote:
hanley wrote:

What she did wrong was say that blackface is ok if it's part of a halloween costume. Yes she apologized but at her age there really isn't an excuse for not understanding that blackface is always wrong without having to "learn" that. Maybe some people who are white don't get how offensive that is but for many blacks it is a harsh reminder of slavery and the Jim crow era. Here's an article that talks about this https://www.vox.com/2014/10/29/7089591/ ... en-costume

Is this the direction this site is headed- posting links to Vox articles? How quickly would this post have (rightly) been removed had it included a link to Breitbart?

It has become nearly impossible to find sources of purely non-political entertainment. Can we PLEASE nip this in the bud and preserve WWofW as an oasis where we get together to admire attractive and intelligent women without dredging through Vox articles and the like? Was that not the original intent of this site?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:45 pm 
WWoW Artist

wineguy wrote:
braniac wrote:
hanley wrote:

What she did wrong was say that blackface is ok if it's part of a halloween costume. Yes she apologized but at her age there really isn't an excuse for not understanding that blackface is always wrong without having to "learn" that. Maybe some people who are white don't get how offensive that is but for many blacks it is a harsh reminder of slavery and the Jim crow era. Here's an article that talks about this https://www.vox.com/2014/10/29/7089591/ ... en-costume

Is this the direction this site is headed- posting links to Vox articles? How quickly would this post have (rightly) been removed had it included a link to Breitbart?

It has become nearly impossible to find sources of purely non-political entertainment. Can we PLEASE nip this in the bud and preserve WWofW as an oasis where we get together to admire attractive and intelligent women without dredging through Vox articles and the like? Was that not the original intent of this site?

I removed the link to the article in my original posting.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:52 pm 
Bronze Member

braniac wrote:
hanley wrote:

What she did wrong was say that blackface is ok if it's part of a halloween costume. Yes she apologized but at her age there really isn't an excuse for not understanding that blackface is always wrong without having to "learn" that. Maybe some people who are white don't get how offensive that is but for many blacks it is a harsh reminder of slavery and the Jim crow era.

Edit: I removed the link to the article I posted so as to not trigger any trouble here.

I meant wrong in her contractual dealings with NBC, wasn’t defending the blackface thing.
The fact that they paid her $69 million for a failed show is their fault, not hers.

-MelvinMoogleman