Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Megyn Kelly's Today to end
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:18 pm 
Bronze Member

Like her or not, she was #1 in prime time before leaving FNC.
Wouldn’t she be an improvement over almost anyone any of the cable nets are putting on right now?
CNN should be calling her today.

-MelvinMoogleman

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:33 pm 
WWoW Member

Here's an idea granted will never happen.
Even though she was a good anchor her stock is down so FOX hire her for the weekend gig. Yeah there's friction from her departure and not the POTUS favorite but take a chance and could work out for all.
I know for both sides it would be a huge gamble.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:01 pm 
WWoW regular

Nick! wrote:
I honestly am so angry at the deluge of hate directed at Megyn for comments that were part of a much more generalized segment on political correctness. Megyn has been attacked for one thing or another since her show started. The ladies on the View continue to spew their crap constantly. I agree that her morning show format was not in her wheelhouse but Megyn never stood a chance. I tweeted my support to her. I hope she recovers from this.
Roker and everyone else at NBC pretty much threw Megyn under the bus. How the comic book caricature that is Al Roker can spend a career making millions acting like a buffoon says a lot about the idiocracy of our society.

She never should have been hired. She said and was racist person on Fox before she was hired at NBC. Nobody threw her under the bus, she was a race hater before NBC. You can express your opinion, but when you use hate against a race is totally different. The same thing that the guy in office is doing now.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:04 pm 
WWoW regular

LongJohnScotty wrote:
Full disclosure: No I was not happy about how/why she left Fox News and her involvement in Roger Ailes' downfall. Nor was I happy about how she's being utilized at NBC.

That being said: If those comments were the cause of the end of MKT (not sure if she's staying on), if I were her, I'd say "Screw it, fire me and cut my severance check already." Given how network news has gone south (hat tip to social media), Megyn should take her millions and be a wealthy stay at home mom on the Upper East Side. She's married with beautiful children and a lovely a$$ that gets tapped on a regular basis; who needs to live and work in a global fishbowl at the mercy of those riding the hamster wheel of outrage?

Roger Ailes is responsible for his downfall. Get your head out of the sand.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:52 am 
Silver Member

etmav wrote:
LongJohnScotty wrote:
Full disclosure: No I was not happy about how/why she left Fox News and her involvement in Roger Ailes' downfall. Nor was I happy about how she's being utilized at NBC.

That being said: If those comments were the cause of the end of MKT (not sure if she's staying on), if I were her, I'd say "Screw it, fire me and cut my severance check already." Given how network news has gone south (hat tip to social media), Megyn should take her millions and be a wealthy stay at home mom on the Upper East Side. She's married with beautiful children and a lovely a$$ that gets tapped on a regular basis; who needs to live and work in a global fishbowl at the mercy of those riding the hamster wheel of outrage?

Is there an emoji for flipping the bird?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:00 am 

LongJohnScotty wrote:
etmav wrote:
LongJohnScotty wrote:

For what?

Megyn's "involvement" was really nothing more than happening to work there, and affirming later on
what a skeeve Ailes was after others already had-- It's pretty safe to assume nobody held a gun to his head and forced him to conduct himself that way.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:56 pm 
WWoW Artist

pacificRT wrote:
LongJohnScotty wrote:
etmav wrote:
LongJohnScotty wrote:

For what?

Megyn's "involvement" was really nothing more than happening to work there, and affirming later on
what a skeeve Ailes was after others already had-- It's pretty safe to assume nobody held a gun to his head and forced him to conduct himself that way.

What pacificRT said. :Thumb :Victory

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:16 am 
Silver Member

etmav wrote:
LongJohnScotty wrote:

Agreed just like Billo was responsible for his downfall. Also Fox's HR department, where were they? Murdocks as well though they eventually fired them. Also, did Billo have blackmail material on Alies? Who knows what would have happened if Fox fired Billo over the sexual harassment of the associate producers I believe.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:01 am 
Bronze Member

IIRC Kelly was FNC's biggest female star at the time, for her to come out publicly against Ailes & O'Reilly definitely pushed things in a different direction.
Not blaming her, just noting that things may have gone a bit differently if she supported those two instead---as a few others did--- or even just said nothing.

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:50 pm 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

Fox says no reunion with Megyn:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/lachlan-mur ... s-reunion/

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:16 pm 
Bronze Member

I read that as kind of a non-answer.
What else can he say? “Sure she’s awesome, we’d take her back and blow out 1 of our prime time people in a second!”

But if someone leaves or sees a ratings drop, I can easily see a FNC return.

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:10 am 
Silver Member

hanley wrote:
IIRC Kelly was FNC's biggest female star at the time, for her to come out publicly against Ailes & O'Reilly definitely pushed things in a different direction.
Not blaming her, just noting that things may have gone a bit differently if she supported those two instead---as a few others did--- or even just said nothing.

If I recall Kimberly Guilfoyle was a supporter of both and she was forced out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:30 am 
Bronze Member

Right but she was nowhere near as big a name or success then as Kelly, probably had a lot less clout.

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:14 pm 
WWoW regular

newsguy wrote:
hanley wrote:

If I recall Kimberly Guilfoyle was a supporter of both and she was forced out.

She wasn't forced out, she did it to herself sending **** pics and other behavior. She was a HUGE supporter of Roger Ailes and threw Gretchen Carlson under the bus.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:06 pm 
WWoW Artist

Last edited by Nick! on Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:03 pm 

So in other words, Today's Take 2.0

Reboot fever just won't stop ! :jetserl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:25 pm 
Bronze Member

If only we need Lindsay Czarniak and/or Maria LaRosa to join the Today Show in the near future, that would be great.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:36 pm 
Silver Member

Dylan and Sheinelle would be good enough.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:01 am 
Silver Member

infamous04 wrote:
If only we need Lindsay Czarniak and/or Maria LaRosa to join the Today Show in the near future, that would be great.

LaRosa possible and Czarniak is with Bleacher Report/CNN/TNT so she doubtful.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:22 am 
WWoW Artist

Major step up for Dylan.

One should guess who might be taking over during her weekend shifts. Care to share some names besides Maria LaRosa?