Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Roger Ailes dies
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:42 am 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

F&F just reported it live
Here's the statement from his wife:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/drudge-f ... s-is-dead/

ImageImage

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Roger Ailes dies
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:18 am 
Bronze Member

RIP Roger Ailes.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:35 am 
Bronze Member

If the past year or so is any indication, he appeared to be a total scumbag who used, abused and manipulated people for his own gain.
I'd like him to not RIP.

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:47 pm 
WWoW regular

hanley wrote:
If the past year or so is any indication, he appeared to be a total scumbag who used, abused and manipulated people for his own gain.
I'd like him to not RIP.

I've been hanging around here for years and after my post hits I may not be permitted to do so any longer.

Since the sexual abuse issue related to Roger Ailes surfaced, I have seen many complaints written here about how terrible Fox News was to their female employees under Mr Ailes. I find it to be hypocritical that some of the same people that loved seeing the news babes legs and upskirts among other body parts, so down on a man that made these things available in abundance to all. Seems like no one here complained until Gretchen Carlson brought her lawsuit. Just my observation.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:25 pm 
Bronze Member

You can say this about Ailes, he changed the way women look on television news. Ten years ago the standard wardrobe for any female newswoman on American television in the studio was a skirtsuit, or a blouse or a blazer. Now it's sleeveless, solid color sheath dresses and not just for Fox News, but ALL the news organizations, network and cable and even local news. It's like they were getting all their wardrobe ideas from Telemundo! Now I admit to enjoying the tight fitting dresses these past few years but personally I miss the skirtsuit days. The more professional a female anchor looked it made the skin they showed on their legs or the little of bit of cleavage shown sexier.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:24 pm 
WWoW regular

I guess, Carlson, Kelly and Huddy are happy he's gone. They got their money!

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:57 pm 
WWoW Artist

And Andrea Tantaros as well.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:43 pm 
Bronze Member

cudaus1 wrote:
hanley wrote:
I'd like him to not RIP.

I've been hanging around here for years and after my post hits I may not be permitted to do so any longer.

Since the sexual abuse issue related to Roger Ailes surfaced, I have seen many complaints written here about how terrible Fox News was to their female employees under Mr Ailes. I find it to be hypocritical that some of the same people that loved seeing the news babes legs and upskirts among other body parts, so down on a man that made these things available in abundance to all. Seems like no one here complained until Gretchen Carlson brought her lawsuit. Just my observation.

Well said! :Thumb

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:11 pm 
Bronze Member

Shepard Smith gave a eulogy on his show today to Ailes that, to me, puts things in a proper perspective. Ailes was a lot of things to many people - as Shep says, "it's complicated"....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ENsPlo_cUA

Not dismissing Ailes' bad behavior at the network....they were right to fire him. However to many people who worked at Fox he was an endearing person. Janice Dean was in tears this morning conveying a story about how Ailes reached out to her when she was diagnosed with MS and told her that whatever she and her family needed Fox would provide because they (Fox News) were a family as far as he was concerned. Lots of mixed emotions among people who knew the guy for better or worse.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:44 pm 
Gold Member

cudaus1 wrote:
hanley wrote:
I'd like him to not RIP.

i get that but if he really fired Gretchen and didn't to promote her, Julie Roginsky, and others because they refused to sleep with him, that's a bit different, no?

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:42 pm 
WWoW Artist

"I guess, Carlson, Kelly and Huddy are happy he's gone. They got their money!"

I hope they enjoy it; their pieces of silver.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:42 pm 
WWoW Artist

loneranger wrote:
"I guess, Carlson, Kelly and Huddy are happy he's gone. They got their money!"

I hope they enjoy it; their pieces of silver.

I hope so too. After what that cretin Ailes did to them, they deserve every penny they got.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:55 am 
WWoW Artist

Deadline mentioned about Ailes' "mixed" record in running CNBC and the Fox News Channel:

http://deadline.com/2017/05/roger-ailes-fox-news-legacy-cable-era-success-excess-1202097072/

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:33 am 
WWoW Artist

It will be very interesting after the weekend to see which women (whether they were sexually harassed or not) come forth and attend the wake, let alone the funeral.

Say what we must, but the bottom line is that the final chapter of Roger Ailes' life will be remembered as a colossal fall from grace. And yes, Showtime is planning a movie based on that one book from 2014.

But in the end, I firmly think that with Gretchen Carlson, Megyn Kelly, and Andrea Tantaros speaking loud and with true conviction--I bet they are thinking only one word with his passing:

Justice.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:36 am 
Silver Member

Allow me to present this:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=241203

I present to the world the legacy of the late Roger Ailes. Note the sets that the NFL Network has: the "curvy couch" and the "leg chairs." More importantly, look at the woman (one Melissa Stark). She is attractive, and well dressed, but more importantly, if you watch the videos, she displays a competent knowledge of NFL football and holds her own with her colleagues who have actually played the sport.

Roger Ailes showcased women with beauty and talent to match and put them environments where they were able to prosper. Praise his successes and curse his excesses where you can, but as far as the Wide World of Women is concerned, this the one good that will live on, and not be "interred with his bones."

Vaya con Dios, Mr. Ailes.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:43 am 
Silver Member

I admit I didn't like the guy/still don't for a few reasons. Didn't like his politics (I'll leave it there because any further this comments would be deleted) and don't really like he's called a patriot because I believe his channel divided this country (again leave it there). Of course, his treatment of some of the women on his network. Probably ending some careers especially of some of our favorites. However, I will said for better or worse he did changed the way look at TV news. Does that include taking the removing the desk? Also for better or worse probably one of the main reasons we're here talking about our favorite TV women and raise the careers of a number of people including some of our favorites. His family lost a loved one and his friends lost a friend and a mentor.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:12 pm 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

Some of the Fox folks toasted Ailes last night:

From Ainsley's Twitter page
Thanks, Ainsley :Kool

Here's F&F's remembrance:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/543946096600 ... show-clips

And Shepard Smith's:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/544001496000 ... show-clips

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:23 pm 
Bronze Member

Really?
https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/ ... g-fox-news

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:39 pm 
WWoW Artist

hanley wrote:

Mindboggling. :TickTock

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:01 pm 
Silver Member

newsguy wrote:
I admit I didn't like the guy/still don't for a few reasons. Didn't like his politics (I'll leave it there because any further this comments would be deleted) and don't really like he's called a patriot because I believe his channel divided this country (again leave it there). Of course, his treatment of some of the women on his network. Probably ending some careers especially of some of our favorites. However, I will said for better or worse he did changed the way look at TV news. Does that include taking the removing the desk? Also for better or worse probably one of the main reasons we're here talking about our favorite TV women and raise the careers of a number of people including some of our favorites. His family lost a loved one and his friends lost a friend and a mentor.

Totally digging' your last sentence, newsguy.

Not like things like that happen to any of us. But, social media being what it is, people will forget/ignore such things as they badmouth Ailes on Twitter/etc.