Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Major layoffs coming to ESPN by June
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:12 am 
Silver Member

lakeshoredave wrote:
Sign of the times. I'd miss Britt McHenry.

She just covered the Combine.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:45 pm 
Silver Member

Also I think Dianna and Toni are safe because unsure if anybody follows Dianna and/or Toni on Instagram but on Dianna's she was doing a photo shoot and Toni was there.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:54 am 
Bronze Member

seeing all the names on here they have a ton of folks working on camera. Big company with many sports to cover but I think they've overdone it with all the different SportsCenter shows. Anxious to see who gets let go but I assume it will be many ex-jocks and a few female reporters who are getting lost in the shuffle. I could see a pickle Vitale retiring as he's been getting slowly phased out on the Network and has a salary I'm sure they'd like gone.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:18 pm 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

I appreciate there are many more hot women on SportsCenter than there used to be, but I grew tired of the WWL's shtick long ago and the chicks would have to be naked in heels for me to watch now

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:05 pm 
Administrator

sparty wrote:
I appreciate there are many more hot women on SportsCenter than there used to be, but I grew tired of the WWL's shtick long ago and the chicks would have to be naked in heels for me to watch now

That's basically how I feel. I got tired of the annoying antics on SportsCenter a long time ago and only watch games on ESPN. I wish they would go back to showing highlights of the games and talking about them, instead of trying to make themselves more important then the highlights they are showing and trying to one up their co-anchor.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:11 pm 
Bronze Member

Totally agree, lot of people on there who think they're funny, but they're not.

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:13 pm 
Silver Member

Laker wrote:
sparty wrote:

That's basically how I feel. I got tired of the annoying antics on SportsCenter a long time ago and only watch games on ESPN. I wish they would go back to showing highlights of the games and talking about them, instead of trying to make themselves more important then the highlights they are showing and trying to one up their co-anchor.

Upside is that standing shots of the ladies. Back in the day, talent stay behind the desk.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:22 pm 
Silver Member

It's starting, Kaylee Hartung left for CNN.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:09 am 
WWoW regular

ESPN should get rid of Paul Finebaum!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:49 am 
Administrator

newsguy wrote:
Laker wrote:
sparty wrote:

Upside is that standing shots of the ladies. Back in the day, talent stay behind the desk.

Downside is no point of standing shots of the ladies if you need a telescope to see them. Back in the day, you could clearly make out the talent behind the desk.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:55 pm 
WWoW Artist

http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/jim-mil ... rvous.html

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:27 pm 
Silver Member

MilwaukeeMak wrote:
http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/jim-miller-espn-will-lay-off-40-50-employees-air-personalities-nervous.html

That's worse than expected though we don't know what going to happen with ESPN 2/ESPN News which airs six hours of Sportscenters. Sounds like Sportscenter AM is done and probably so are the people there (bye-bye Jaymee?). What's the fate of Coast to Coast? Not a big fan of Bomani and Pablo getting a show.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:46 pm 
Bronze Member

newsguy wrote:
MilwaukeeMak wrote:
http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/jim-miller-espn-will-lay-off-40-50-employees-air-personalities-nervous.html

That's worse than expected though we don't know what going to happen with ESPN 2/ESPN News which airs six hours of Sportscenters. Sounds like Sportscenter AM is done and probably so are the people there (bye-bye Jaymee?). What's the fate of Coast to Coast? Not a big fan of Bomani and Pablo getting a show.

That would be bad news. But I would say ESPN2 would get SportsCenter AM as far as Mike Greenberg new show is concerned, and I would see ESPN SportsCenter anchors might sign multi-year deals and/or take a pay cut. I'd be shocked if Jaymee Sire, Kevin Negandhi, and SportsCenter AM crew getting the boot. That would be terrible.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:54 pm 
Silver Member

infamous04 wrote:
newsguy wrote:
MilwaukeeMak wrote:

That would be bad news. But I would say ESPN2 would get SportsCenter AM as far as Mike Greenberg new show is concerned, and I would see ESPN SportsCenter anchors might sign multi-year deals and/or take a pay cut. I'd be shocked if Jaymee Sire, Kevin Negandhi, and SportsCenter AM crew getting the boot. That would be terrible.

The problem is they might continue with the Radio Show with Golic and whoever they replace Greeny with. Probably called mornings with the Golics (Junior is a possible candidate to replace Greeny) or something like it. Honestly I just don't see Greeny carrying a show by himself.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:11 am 
Bronze Member

newsguy wrote:
infamous04 wrote:
newsguy wrote:
MilwaukeeMak wrote:

The problem is they might continue with the Radio Show with Golic and whoever they replace Greeny with. Probably called mornings with the Golics (Junior is a possible candidate to replace Greeny) or something like it. Honestly I just don't see Greeny carrying a show by himself.

I agree. Whether its Golic Jr. or Trey Wingo who shared his NFL role with Suzy Kolber and Samantha Ponder this season. As for the SportsCenter morning editions, I expect Hannah Storm, Cari Champion, Sara Walsh, Jaymee Sire, Sarina Morales, and the rest of SportsCenter AM crew to be safe from layoffs IMO. It's like the free agency and trade deadline of layoffs.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:02 am 
Bronze Member

I can see Storm being let go, getting older, probably makes a lot, seems like her role has been reduced a bit.

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:20 pm 
WWoW regular

http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/jim-mil ... rvous.html

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:44 pm 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

jjis wrote:

Already posted in this thread :wave

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:08 pm 
WWoW Artist

After hearing that podcast, it will be interesting at least to see whose names are going to be on the layoff line.

Last edited by bigzman on Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:53 pm 
Silver Member

Doesn't look good for Sage Steele

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/esp ... spartanntp

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next