Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Does Maribel Aber stalk me?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:44 am 
Administrator

Okay, perhaps I'm blowing something out of proportion for the sake of click bait, but there is something that I noticed...

About a month or two ago, I saw that Maribel changed her Twitter avatar. It looked familiar. Very familiar. I did some investigation, and I eventually found it's taken from a cap that I had posted back on June 12:

Coincidence? :shock: (It's also her current Instagram avatar.)
I suppose it's possible that someone might've saved and tweeted the image to her, but I had also noticed that back on April 10th she used another one of my caps to mention that MXP airs in the Philippines.

So could it be possible that Maribel keeps tabs on my Fotki albums? Or possibly even come here for notification when I do post something there?
If so, um, hi Maribel! :wave

(If so, I'm very flattered!)

Robin Meade Video Dump - Updated 4/21/23

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Does Maribel Aber stalk me?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:21 am 

A few of my favorite anchors have used/commented on my caps of them in the past. It goes to show that yes, some of the anchors do notice what we do.

To be completely honest, that used to scare the hell out of me, but many of them do seem to enjoy us posting screenshots of them.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:39 pm 
Gold Member

HSF-if Maribel uses a cap or two of yours, it goes to
show that she loves and is flattered by your work!!! :Thumb :Thumb

Personally, I think she's H-O-T!!!! :Banana :Banana
Great "sub" for Jen!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:19 pm 
Administrator

chris217 wrote:
A few of my favorite anchors have used/commented on my caps of them in the past. It goes to show that yes, some of the anchors do notice what we do.

To be completely honest, that used to scare the hell out of me, but many of them do seem to enjoy us posting screenshots of them.

I'll admit, scary is another term that I would use. Although I'm honored, it also weirds me out that my pervy hobby is actually recognized by some of my subjects. Even more so being that I mentioned Maribel's cleavage in the caption in the Fotki entry for that 4/10 cap. (Then again, it's not like she doesn't know she's very developed.) But again, it is a literal badge of honor that she's using one of my video captures for social media use. :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:40 pm 
WWoW Artist

HSF wrote:
I'll admit, scary is another term that I would use. Although I'm honored, it also weirds me out that my pervy hobby is actually recognized by some of my subjects.

This x1000.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:55 pm 
Bronze Member

HSF wrote:
chris217 wrote:

I'll admit, scary is another term that I would use. Although I'm honored, it also weirds me out that my pervy hobby is actually recognized by some of my subjects. Even more so being that I mentioned Maribel's cleavage in the caption in the Fotki entry for that 4/10 cap. (Then again, it's not like she doesn't know she's very developed.) But again, it is a literal badge of honor that she's using one of my video captures for social media use. :D

Hey, nothing pervy about taking pictures off a publicly available broadcast.......but snappin these gals inside their homes or stealing their personal pictures off the cloud - that's a different story :shock:
Female anchors, just like cheerleaders and those hot pharmaceutical chicks that show up at the doctor's office, are a bit of a different breed from you average woman - extremely confident, very proud of their hot bodies and love the fact that all eyes are on them

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:25 am 

rotunda88 wrote:
HSF wrote:

Hey, nothing pervy about taking pictures off a publicly available broadcast ... Female anchors ... are a bit of a different breed from you average woman - extremely confident, very proud of their hot bodies and love the fact that all eyes are on them

You two are right. That's what I used to be scared of: being thought of as just a "perv". I think when some of us first start capping we tend to underestimate them, and try not to be as open about doing this. I've been doing this for 7 years now, and the majority of the responses I've seen from anchors/reporters has always been positive towards what we do.

The biggest response I've personally recieved for my caps was from Brooke Baldwin. It was out of the blue, I never expected her to view my caps let alone respond to it. I thought it was so awesome of her to take a second of her time to acknowledge a fan. (I've been hanging onto the link to this Tweet for 3 years. I'm surprised it's still up! :lol: )

But SlashAsterisk has the ultimate example. His caps of Christina Park lead him to MEET her at the studio!

No need to feel weird about capping. They're OK with it. :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:50 am 
Administrator

She did it again. Her new Twitter and Instagram avatars are taken from my August 29, 2014 album...

Maribel, you do know that I've since upgraded from SD, right? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:56 am 

So maybe she collected some of your stuff at one point (?)

But to be using caps that not only are two years old, but also show the old
HLN set seems odd, unless it's a "throwback" thing she's doing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:58 am 
WWoW regular

I hope that all of our favorite news babes are secretly members here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:42 am 
Administrator

Again, I have absolutely no way of knowing how Maribel acquired these caps. Whether she received them from assistants or fans, whether she collected/discovered them herself either from here, TVNewsCaps or directly from Fotki, I have no idea. It's just simultaneously flattering and coincidental that her last two avatars were my work. But I also agree that it's a touch puzzling that the current one is a "vintage" cap.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the board's subjects here were secretly members, or at least have some staff "spies" on here. And if Maribel has dispatched some denizens on here, let her know my Hauppauge is hard at work whenever she's on MXP! :Thumb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:24 am 
Administrator

It's been a while, but she's done it again. This was one of the caps I posted yesterday...

...and this is an Instagram post also from yesterday.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzxyhYhAHhh/

Again, I have no idea if she got the image herself or not, but if so, glad I could help! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:44 pm 
I've posted THIS MUCH????!!

No matter what the reason, and I think she does follow what could be out there about herself, many do, Its flattering and cool. :Thumb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:12 am 
Silver Member

How many female anchors have contacted here? I think a few I remember. I'm sure a number of them do know this site some way or another.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:26 pm 
Silver Member

rotunda88 wrote:
Female anchors, just like cheerleaders are a bit of a different breed from you average woman - extremely confident, very proud of their hot bodies and love the fact that all eyes are on them

and some anchors were cheerleaders either high school and/or college. That's another post I should consider.