Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: CNN's "New Day"
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:16 am 
WWoW Artist

tdubya68801 wrote:
That's why I think there are two legs chairs on Raising America, when they actually have a show and not a pregame show for whatever show trial HLN has.

Yes, but when was the last time Raising America wasn't a pre-game show for whatever trial Court TV (formerly HLN) is covering? I honestly can't remember...

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:21 am 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

The Washington Post profiles Kate :shades

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle ... story.html

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:41 am 
Silver Member

Pool wrote:
Art & Melvin may need 2 DVR's if Kate shows her bermuda triangle while Gretchen shows hers :P

That's one of those good problems :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:12 pm 
Bronze Member

hilarious pic from the cnn sports guy, looks like he photoshopped himself into the shot

https://twitter.com/AndyScholesCNN/stat ... 04/photo/1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:18 pm 
WWoW regular

http://www.thewrap.com/tv/column-post/r ... wers-98176

Quote:
"New Day," CNN's new entry into the morning-show fray, drew mixed ratings with its Monday premiere.

The show, anchored by Chris Cuomo and Kate Bolduan, drew 247,000 total viewers including 95,000 in the key 25-54 demographic.

Also read: CNN 'New Day's' Bold Morning Move: News, Chemistry and No Kitchen [5]

The good news for "New Day" is that those numbers represent gains over the same week last year for CNN, when it aired "Early Start" and "Starting Point" in the time period.

Though the comparison is a bit apples-to-oranges, since there's only one day of data for "New Day" available, the same week a year ago averaged 198,000 total viewers and 89,000 in the demo. Which puts the "New Day" premiere ahead by 25 percent versus the same week in total viewers, and by 7 percent in the demo.

Also read: CNN's 'New Day' Review: Serious News, Wacky Animals - and Nancy Grace [6]

Compared to a week ago Monday, "New Day" also performed favorably, growing 19 percent in the demo (though suffering a slight 7 percent decline in total viewers).

On the other side of the coin, "New Day" was down 41 percent in the demo compared to CNN's May 2013 average in the timeslot, and 35 percent in total viewers compared to the network's May average.

"New Day" still has a way to go before catching up with its cable competitors in the 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. timeslot. Stacked up against the offerings on Fox News Channel, MSNBC and HLN, "New Day" was third in total viewers, behind Fox's "Fox & Friends," which drew 1.06 million -- a little over four times the "New Day" total viewership -- and MSNBC's "Morning Joe," which drew 355,000. ("New Day" did beat out "Morning Express" on CNN sister station HLN, which had 215,000 total viewers on Monday.)

In the demo, "New Day" placed fourth, behind 262,000 viewers for "Fox & Friends," 132,000 for "Morning Joe" and 121,000 for "Morning Express."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:28 am 
Bronze Member

It is always shocking how few viewers actually watch these things (other than fox news, but even that for the runaway leader is such a small part of the country).

I just don't see how this show is going to work - I thought Cuomo was tv cyanide during the Boston run-on coverage, and Kate B has no personality and then they hire a chunky news reader. But, the biggest problem is that no one watches CNN anymore - people like their views parroted at them and/or people yelling/arguing/bitching/creating strawmen/creating slippery slopes.

So far, Mr. Morning show has milked Boston to the point of disgrace and created what at first look seems like a destined to fail morning show. He does not seem like he's going to be there long.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:52 am 
Bronze Member

tbx59 wrote:
It is always shocking how few viewers actually watch these things (other than fox news, but even that for the runaway leader is such a small part of the country).

I just don't see how this show is going to work - I thought Cuomo was tv cyanide during the Boston run-on coverage, and Kate B has no personality and then they hire a chunky news reader. But, the biggest problem is that no one watches CNN anymore - people like their views parroted at them and/or people yelling/arguing/bitching/creating strawmen/creating slippery slopes.

So far, Mr. Morning show has milked Boston to the point of disgrace and created what at first look seems like a destined to fail morning show. He does not seem like he's going to be there long.

Yeah, given that there are 300 million people in this country the percentage who tune in is really low.....the network news broadcasts still draw the biggest viewership (although O'Reilly has been catching up).

I think it's too early to tell how the show will do but so far I think they are not going to succeed if they are doing so many weather reports and such......I tune in to my local channels in the AM for that if I don't have my computer on. In the bigger picture, I think that New Day's content mirrors CNN's content which is part of the problem with CNN as a straight news channel......so many people can go on CNN's webpage and browse the news of the day and pick and choose over what to be informed about. Gone are the days when we had CNN and the morning papers to find out what was going on in the world.....the internet was the worst thing that could happen to CNN and the viability of it's brand.

I'm sure they will tweak the show as it progresses. Maybe they should add some fluff and have cooking segments and so on......Fox and Friends does, and while I think their audience is more partisan oriented they keep things lively with segments like that.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:48 pm 
WWoW regular

I know I probably represent a small minority but I will say,IMO, that they really dropped the ball with "New Day". Like mentioned the Internet has really killed the traditional news model. And I'm not sure if this is the case for other people but for me, if I'm going to watch the news and have a choice between some 60 year old talking head or some gilf or hot blondes with legs on full display.. I will ALWAYS go with the latter.

Fox is also more fun.. CNN feels old. So I have to laugh when they say they want to target a younger audience yet have a shitty set with shitty hosts. If you want to compete with Fox why are they using the same losing formula? Hell at least copy their formula and them try to add your own ideas. The more things change , the more they stay the same.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:56 pm 
Gold Member

Kate's great but I think they chose the wrong Bolduan/Baldwin. I think Brooke Baldwin was a much better fit as a morning show co-host. Kate could have then taken Michaela's spot as the news reporter, which I think is a better role for her. And regarding Cuomo, I have no clue why they brought him in from ABC they should have just used some douche they already had like Anderson Cooper, John Berman, or Don Lemon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:00 pm 
Silver Member

Quote:
Kate's great but I think they chose the wrong Bolduan/Baldwin. I think Brooke Baldwin was a much better fit as a morning show co-host. Kate could have then taken Michaela's spot as the news reporter, which I think is a better role for her.

They should have had Brooke and Kate. Fox goes with the two guys one girl model. CNN should have one upped em and went with two girls one guy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:42 pm 
Bronze Member

FishOil wrote:
tbx59 wrote:

Yeah, given that there are 300 million people in this country the percentage who tune in is really low.....the network news broadcasts still draw the biggest viewership (although O'Reilly has been catching up).

I think it's too early to tell how the show will do but so far I think they are not going to succeed if they are doing so many weather reports and such......I tune in to my local channels in the AM for that if I don't have my computer on. In the bigger picture, I think that New Day's content mirrors CNN's content which is part of the problem with CNN as a straight news channel......so many people can go on CNN's webpage and browse the news of the day and pick and choose over what to be informed about. Gone are the days when we had CNN and the morning papers to find out what was going on in the world.....the internet was the worst thing that could happen to CNN and the viability of it's brand.

I'm sure they will tweak the show as it progresses. Maybe they should add some fluff and have cooking segments and so on......Fox and Friends does, and while I think their audience is more partisan oriented they keep things lively with segments like that.

Yea, Same Day is just CNN Newsroom AM. Brooke's show feel different and younger and she just oozes sex, not sure why they are burying her in the early afternoon - have to imagine someone is going to grab her to anchor mornings somewhere

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:23 pm 
Gold Member

I must be the only person that watches news shows for news first and looks secondary
I know I get pictures of them but what they are saying is way more important than what they look like

CNN should not try to copy somebody else in layout. Just be professional about it and do the news.
Legs and/or cleavage doesn't change the story! It might be nice to see but it should be news first

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:02 pm 
Bronze Member

DaveD wrote:
I must be the only person that watches news shows for news first and looks secondary
I know I get pictures of them but what they are saying is way more important than what they look like

CNN should not try to copy somebody else in layout. Just be professional about it and do the news.
Legs and/or cleavage doesn't change the story! It might be nice to see but it should be news first

So you're not ready to trash the 4 day old show and all of the anchors on it?

I don't have that much experience with CNN mornings, but I think they're doing a lot of things right. My 2 critiques are fairly minor and 1 is probably not going to change

1. The big news scroll/banner thing at the bottom... too big! as it is on most shows

2. More in studio guests as opposed to bouncing around on satellite so much. To me, TV really draws you in when you have a good conversation with people sitting face to face.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:04 pm 
WWoW Artist

DaveD wrote:

I'm with you, Dave. When I had cable and I wanted to get the news, I always tuned to CNN. When I wanted to look at newsbabes, I'd watch FNC or NBC or my local Fox affliliate with the sound turned off. :mrgreen: Now if I want news on TV I tune to the local ABC affliliate which does a good job of news and has a bonus of some real babes like JC Monahan and Bianca de la Garza. :Kool

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2