Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 11:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Cote de Pablo is leaving
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:50 pm 
Bronze Member

Yep...you read that title header right. Cote de Pablo is leaving NCIS after 8 years as the series longest running female lead. 2nd only to Pauley Perrette's "Abbey".

She hasn't said WHY she's leaving, not yet. I gotta admit, I'm gonna miss my favorite dusky, dark haired a$$ kicking goddess of a$$ kicking.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Cote de Pablo is leaving
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:40 am 
Bronze Member

MORE money like Sasha Alexander. CBS decided to play chicken and de Pablo lost. It will definitely hurt the ratings but I think these networks/production companies are realizing they can't be held hostage anymore. I was told and not by any place on the web that she wanted as much as Mark Hamon was getting per episode($500,000).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:06 pm 
Site Admin

inxs wrote:
MORE money like Sasha Alexander. CBS decided to play chicken and de Pablo lost. It will definitely hurt the ratings but I think these networks/production companies are realizing they can't be held hostage anymore. I was told and not by any place on the web that she wanted as much as Mark Hamon was getting per episode($500,000).

If that was it than her agent was giving her bad advice because no one on that show will make Mark Harmon $$.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:42 am 
Silver Member

inxs wrote:

Harmon only gets 500k an episode? OK, 22 episodes = 11 million bucks per season, not too bad. But it seems low for the lead actor on a successful show ten years in.

Maybe Cote de Pablo jumps to movies or a cable series. (less clothing) :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:08 pm 
Silver Member

To be fair, eight seasons is a long time for any actor/actress. I heard some other actors on that show had some hard contract talks with the Execs. I agree that Mark Harmon is underpaid especially when you heard Charlie Sheen was making like 2 million PER EPISODE in Two and a Half Men before Sheen went crazy. If the rumors were true, not smart on her part. Honestly, I like Kate (Sasha Alexander) better. I think was more fun than Ziva. Also I think the exec after Sasha left should have gotten Paula Cassidy (Jessica Steen) to replace Kate but I believe the execs wanted a minority because the cast is all white after the writers wounded off (he survived) Ducky's first assistant. Nothing against Ziva (Cote), just my personal opinion. Then again, there are stories about her that I doubt would have work for Kate and/or Paula. Her character was interesting and good looking. To be fair, I doubt it was money for Sasha because she did make appearances after she was killed off and I hope it's not that with Cote especially I did read in the MSN article that she would make some appearances herself and I hope she does. At least she won't be killed off (her character did quit along with McGee and Dizonno). Plus it happens when things with Ziva and Tony are heating up. I will miss her. I wonder who will replace her?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:15 am 
Bronze Member

Sasha left because she didn't like the schedule of working a series so much, not cause the money.
Even though she has another series, she must like the schedule now.

Yep Harmon makes $500,000 a episode, the others make $175,000.
They all signed new contract for more money, for the next season though.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]