Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 15 years
It is currently Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Pics Allowed Here
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:38 pm 
Offline
Board Owner

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:12 pm
Posts: 17386
Location: In NJ outside of NYC
This is a new rule for this forum since some members are tired of certain content being posted here. Pics of babes should be of candid in nature that does not violate their right to privacy. Pics of babes attending to personal matters will no longer be allowed to be posted here unless they personally stop to pose for those photos. If you need clarification if the pics violate this rule, then please PM one of the Mods or Admins.

This rule is effective from the time of my post. Older posts that violate this rule are exempt.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:57 pm 
Offline
Silver Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:31 pm
Posts: 2475
Location: Provence
Can you provide a sample of an illegal pic? Image


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pics Allowed Here
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:52 am 
Offline
WWoW regular
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:58 pm
Posts: 298
rocky741 wrote:
This is a new rule for this forum since some members are tired of certain content being posted here. Pics of babes should be of candid in nature that does not violate their right to privacy. Pics of babes attending to personal matters will no longer be allowed to be posted here unless they personally stop to pose for those photos.

Could you clarify this a bit? I don't know what the "right to privacy" you're referring to really is [although lots of folks banter that phrase around pretty casually]. In the US, at least, if you're *out*in*public* you largely don't have a "right to privacy".

I wholly agree that the "intrusive" papparazzi photos [with telephotos from up in trees, etc] are offensive and should be banned, but a person just "out and about" [going to a restaurant or leaving a party or the like] really doesn't have [and shouldn't expect, *especially* if they're a celebrity who make huge piles of money by "being public persons"] any sort of vague "right to privacy". So it seems that your "stop to pose" rule really goes beyond any real "privacy" the celebs should be expecting. I'm thinking here of caps I've seen of celebs walking their dog or going to the supermarket, etc, which all seems absolutely OK by me: if they're going to make a zillion dollars a year being public persons, then the idea that folk shouldn't "notice" them just out on the street strikes me as naive [and for the purposes of this board, an excessive restriction].

_________________
--jim--


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pics Allowed Here
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:43 pm 
Offline
Board Owner

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:12 pm
Posts: 17386
Location: In NJ outside of NYC
jim911 wrote:
rocky741 wrote:
This is a new rule for this forum since some members are tired of certain content being posted here. Pics of babes should be of candid in nature that does not violate their right to privacy. Pics of babes attending to personal matters will no longer be allowed to be posted here unless they personally stop to pose for those photos.

Could you clarify this a bit? I don't know what the "right to privacy" you're referring to really is [although lots of folks banter that phrase around pretty casually]. In the US, at least, if you're *out*in*public* you largely don't have a "right to privacy".

I wholly agree that the "intrusive" papparazzi photos [with telephotos from up in trees, etc] are offensive and should be banned, but a person just "out and about" [going to a restaurant or leaving a party or the like] really doesn't have [and shouldn't expect, *especially* if they're a celebrity who make huge piles of money by "being public persons"] any sort of vague "right to privacy". So it seems that your "stop to pose" rule really goes beyond any real "privacy" the celebs should be expecting. I'm thinking here of caps I've seen of celebs walking their dog or going to the supermarket, etc, which all seems absolutely OK by me: if they're going to make a zillion dollars a year being public persons, then the idea that folk shouldn't "notice" them just out on the street strikes me as naive [and for the purposes of this board, an excessive restriction].


Basically we don't want pics of Britney going to balistic on a car window with an umbrella or Angelina picking up her latest adoption. Those we consider personal matters and not the true purpose of this forum. Walking their dog or going shopping would still be OK. :Kool


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pics Allowed Here
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:50 pm 
Offline
Silver Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:31 pm
Posts: 2475
Location: Provence
rocky741 wrote:
jim911 wrote:
rocky741 wrote:
This is a new rule for this forum since some members are tired of certain content being posted here. Pics of babes should be of candid in nature that does not violate their right to privacy. Pics of babes attending to personal matters will no longer be allowed to be posted here unless they personally stop to pose for those photos.

Could you clarify this a bit? I don't know what the "right to privacy" you're referring to really is [although lots of folks banter that phrase around pretty casually]. In the US, at least, if you're *out*in*public* you largely don't have a "right to privacy".

I wholly agree that the "intrusive" papparazzi photos [with telephotos from up in trees, etc] are offensive and should be banned, but a person just "out and about" [going to a restaurant or leaving a party or the like] really doesn't have [and shouldn't expect, *especially* if they're a celebrity who make huge piles of money by "being public persons"] any sort of vague "right to privacy". So it seems that your "stop to pose" rule really goes beyond any real "privacy" the celebs should be expecting. I'm thinking here of caps I've seen of celebs walking their dog or going to the supermarket, etc, which all seems absolutely OK by me: if they're going to make a zillion dollars a year being public persons, then the idea that folk shouldn't "notice" them just out on the street strikes me as naive [and for the purposes of this board, an excessive restriction].


Basically we don't want pics of Britney going to balistic on a car window with an umbrella or Angelina picking up her latest adoption. Those we consider personal matters and not the true purpose of this forum. Walking their dog or going shopping would still be OK. :Kool


Well, what if Brit has a nip slip while attacking a little old lady? Wouldn't we want to see that? :?


And some of us might want to see a little old lady attacked. Right, Brahma? Image


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:14 am 
Offline
Bronze Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:09 am
Posts: 688
I received this message from BPM:

You keep forgetting about the new rule posted.

No shots of the celebs getting coffee, out & about, leaving a hotel etc...

Anytime you make a post like that it will be trashed. Continue to make them & you set yourself up for possible banishment.

- MODS

------------------------------------------------
In your post(above), you said we could post pics of them grocery shopping and that sort of thing.

So are all paparazzi pics banned?
There seems to be some confusion between Mods.
Can someone clarify what can and can't be posted?

Thanks.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:44 am 
Offline
WWoW Artist
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:17 pm
Posts: 5700
Basically, unless they're specifically standing around for photographers don't post it.

_________________
VideoClip of the Day:
Elisabeth Hasselbeck w/ Julianne Hough - HD UPSkirt
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=58T7KE6G


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:53 pm 
Offline
Silver Member

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:30 pm
Posts: 3199
Time for you to get a clue Forbidden...


Image


:whistle You spam-a-pic guys sure know how to wear out your ill advised welcome. The leniency the mods have shown you already should have been enough of a gesture of kindness (or pity) that the least you could do is button your lip instead of questioning what is fair. What isn't fair is the fact that the admins have had to alter the board twice so you spam-a-pic guys didn't suck all the enjoyment out of it with your over-abundance of posting absolute crap.

Posting a warning PM by a mod in public...nice touch. :? "CRAAAACK"


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:08 pm 
Offline
Bronze Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:09 am
Posts: 688
Roop wrote:
Time for you to get a clue Forbidden...


Image


:whistle You spam-a-pic guys sure know how to wear out your ill advised welcome. The leniency the mods have shown you already should have been enough of a gesture of kindness (or pity) that the least you could do is button your lip instead of questioning what is fair. What isn't fair is the fact that the admins have had to alter the board twice so you spam-a-pic guys didn't suck all the enjoyment out of it with your over-abundance of posting absolute crap.

Posting a warning PM by a mod in public...nice touch. :? "CRAAAACK"



Wow...love the censorship of this forum. *sarcasm* for those of you who don't get it.

About posting a warning from a mod in public, never write down anything that you don't want others to see.

If you don't like the webhost, I use for the pics, don't click on my pics. It's that easy, no one is forcing you.
If people here, don't like celeb pics, put a ban on celeb pics. I have received so many messages from members of this forum telling me how
much they enjoy my picture post.

Maybe it's you, who should "button your lips". I had the right to ask what the rules were, when they are unclear from Mod to Mod.
A little communication and politeness would go a long way.

_________________
My LJ Community:
http://community.livejournal.com/celebrityimages/


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:35 pm 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:55 pm
Posts: 21616
Location: Northern Virginia
OK, guys use a little common sense on this. If the pics are in such a fashion that it's violating the persons privacy (even in public) then don't post them. We don't want pics of Britney going to rehab from a guy who's taking pictures hiding in the bushes.

Forbidden, if you would make an effort to follow the rule and not just post every pic that comes your way, then it wouldn't seem like your just blatantly disregarding the rule. If you're unsure if the pic violates the rule, then chances are it does. You could always PM a Mod or Admin to see if it's OK.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:41 pm 
Offline
Board Owner

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:12 pm
Posts: 17386
Location: In NJ outside of NYC
donkeed wrote:
OK, guys use a little common sense on this. If the pics are in such a fashion that it's violating the persons privacy (even in public) then don't post them. We don't want pics of Britney going to rehab from a guy who's taking pictures hiding in the bushes.

Forbidden, if you would make an effort to follow the rule and not just post every pic that comes your way, then it wouldn't seem like your just blatantly disregarding the rule. If you're unsure if the pic violates the rule, then chances are it does. You could always PM a Mod or Admin to see if it's OK.


What it boils down to is what Donkeed said. A bald Britney banging the heck out of a car with an umbrella is not what this forum is all about. This forum is about the appreciation of the beauty of the female form. Also, we are QUITE aware that various ladies that have been posted on this forum are aware of this forum. Therefore, to keep WWoW in existence, we must excercise caution at times to maintain our reputation that has been built for the last 4 years.

Guidance... Some paparazzi would be appropriate if the babe acknowledged them without being agressive in any manner. If Paris Hilton didn't want to have pics taken when she arrived home, then she would do something aggressive or evassive to avoid the photogs. Those kind of pics would be evident.

Angelina, carrying home her latest adoption is not fit for this forum. As Donkeed said, if you are not sure, do a simple PM and get an answer. Saves alot of headaches. :cowboy


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:59 pm 
Offline
Silver Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:31 pm
Posts: 2475
Location: Provence
Image


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:06 am 
Offline
WWoW regular

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:09 am
Posts: 50
:Crazy :hum :taunt :blah :Bang :puke

_________________
My Top 5 Newsbabes:: (1)Megyn Kelly (2)Robin Meade (3)Thea Andrews (4) Kiran Chetry (5)Heidi Collins !!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:43 pm 
Offline
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:36 pm
Posts: 10356
Location: Not sure, I'm wandering aimlessly?
I gotta come down on the side of rocky on this one. There is a whole world out there on the internet if someone does not like the rules here. :Typing

_________________
Megyn Kelly's #1 Fan.
Image


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Would that rule out screen captures of the ladies on TV
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:10 pm 
Offline
WWoW regular

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:46 am
Posts: 143
since they're not posing for pictures? Like Gretchen when Brian spills coffee on her?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:58 pm 
Offline
Bronze Member

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:32 pm
Posts: 1557
So I guess I don't have to ask why the pics I posted today of Katy Perry in a bikini were taken down. Sorry.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2008 phpBB Group
subSilver+ theme by Canver Software, sponsor Sanal Modifiye