Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pics Allowed Here
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:38 pm 
Board Owner

This is a new rule for this forum since some members are tired of certain content being posted here. Pics of babes should be of candid in nature that does not violate their right to privacy. Pics of babes attending to personal matters will no longer be allowed to be posted here unless they personally stop to pose for those photos. If you need clarification if the pics violate this rule, then please PM one of the Mods or Admins.

This rule is effective from the time of my post. Older posts that violate this rule are exempt.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:57 pm 
Silver Member

Can you provide a sample of an illegal pic? Image

Post subject: Re: Pics Allowed Here
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:52 am 
WWoW regular

rocky741 wrote:
This is a new rule for this forum since some members are tired of certain content being posted here. Pics of babes should be of candid in nature that does not violate their right to privacy. Pics of babes attending to personal matters will no longer be allowed to be posted here unless they personally stop to pose for those photos.

Could you clarify this a bit? I don't know what the "right to privacy" you're referring to really is [although lots of folks banter that phrase around pretty casually]. In the US, at least, if you're *out*in*public* you largely don't have a "right to privacy".

I wholly agree that the "intrusive" papparazzi photos [with telephotos from up in trees, etc] are offensive and should be banned, but a person just "out and about" [going to a restaurant or leaving a party or the like] really doesn't have [and shouldn't expect, *especially* if they're a celebrity who make huge piles of money by "being public persons"] any sort of vague "right to privacy". So it seems that your "stop to pose" rule really goes beyond any real "privacy" the celebs should be expecting. I'm thinking here of caps I've seen of celebs walking their dog or going to the supermarket, etc, which all seems absolutely OK by me: if they're going to make a zillion dollars a year being public persons, then the idea that folk shouldn't "notice" them just out on the street strikes me as naive [and for the purposes of this board, an excessive restriction].

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:43 pm 
Board Owner

jim911 wrote:
rocky741 wrote:
This is a new rule for this forum since some members are tired of certain content being posted here. Pics of babes should be of candid in nature that does not violate their right to privacy. Pics of babes attending to personal matters will no longer be allowed to be posted here unless they personally stop to pose for those photos.

Could you clarify this a bit? I don't know what the "right to privacy" you're referring to really is [although lots of folks banter that phrase around pretty casually]. In the US, at least, if you're *out*in*public* you largely don't have a "right to privacy".

I wholly agree that the "intrusive" papparazzi photos [with telephotos from up in trees, etc] are offensive and should be banned, but a person just "out and about" [going to a restaurant or leaving a party or the like] really doesn't have [and shouldn't expect, *especially* if they're a celebrity who make huge piles of money by "being public persons"] any sort of vague "right to privacy". So it seems that your "stop to pose" rule really goes beyond any real "privacy" the celebs should be expecting. I'm thinking here of caps I've seen of celebs walking their dog or going to the supermarket, etc, which all seems absolutely OK by me: if they're going to make a zillion dollars a year being public persons, then the idea that folk shouldn't "notice" them just out on the street strikes me as naive [and for the purposes of this board, an excessive restriction].

Basically we don't want pics of Britney going to balistic on a car window with an umbrella or Angelina picking up her latest adoption. Those we consider personal matters and not the true purpose of this forum. Walking their dog or going shopping would still be OK. :Kool

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:50 pm 
Silver Member

rocky741 wrote:
jim911 wrote:
rocky741 wrote:

Basically we don't want pics of Britney going to balistic on a car window with an umbrella or Angelina picking up her latest adoption. Those we consider personal matters and not the true purpose of this forum. Walking their dog or going shopping would still be OK. :Kool

Well, what if Brit has a nip slip while attacking a little old lady? Wouldn't we want to see that? :?

And some of us might want to see a little old lady attacked. Right, Brahma? Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:14 am 
Bronze Member

I received this message from BPM:

You keep forgetting about the new rule posted.

No shots of the celebs getting coffee, out & about, leaving a hotel etc...

Anytime you make a post like that it will be trashed. Continue to make them & you set yourself up for possible banishment.

- MODS

------------------------------------------------
In your post(above), you said we could post pics of them grocery shopping and that sort of thing.

So are all paparazzi pics banned?
There seems to be some confusion between Mods.
Can someone clarify what can and can't be posted?

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:44 am 
WWoW Artist

Basically, unless they're specifically standing around for photographers don't post it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:53 pm 
Silver Member

Time for you to get a clue Forbidden...

:whistle You spam-a-pic guys sure know how to wear out your ill advised welcome. The leniency the mods have shown you already should have been enough of a gesture of kindness (or pity) that the least you could do is button your lip instead of questioning what is fair. What isn't fair is the fact that the admins have had to alter the board twice so you spam-a-pic guys didn't suck all the enjoyment out of it with your over-abundance of posting absolute crap.

Posting a warning PM by a mod in public...nice touch. :? "CRAAAACK"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:08 pm 
Bronze Member

Roop wrote:
Time for you to get a clue Forbidden...

:whistle You spam-a-pic guys sure know how to wear out your ill advised welcome. The leniency the mods have shown you already should have been enough of a gesture of kindness (or pity) that the least you could do is button your lip instead of questioning what is fair. What isn't fair is the fact that the admins have had to alter the board twice so you spam-a-pic guys didn't suck all the enjoyment out of it with your over-abundance of posting absolute crap.

Posting a warning PM by a mod in public...nice touch. :? "CRAAAACK"

Wow...love the censorship of this forum. *sarcasm* for those of you who don't get it.

About posting a warning from a mod in public, never write down anything that you don't want others to see.

If you don't like the webhost, I use for the pics, don't click on my pics. It's that easy, no one is forcing you.
If people here, don't like celeb pics, put a ban on celeb pics. I have received so many messages from members of this forum telling me how
much they enjoy my picture post.

Maybe it's you, who should "button your lips". I had the right to ask what the rules were, when they are unclear from Mod to Mod.
A little communication and politeness would go a long way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:35 pm 
Administrator

OK, guys use a little common sense on this. If the pics are in such a fashion that it's violating the persons privacy (even in public) then don't post them. We don't want pics of Britney going to rehab from a guy who's taking pictures hiding in the bushes.

Forbidden, if you would make an effort to follow the rule and not just post every pic that comes your way, then it wouldn't seem like your just blatantly disregarding the rule. If you're unsure if the pic violates the rule, then chances are it does. You could always PM a Mod or Admin to see if it's OK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:41 pm 
Board Owner

donkeed wrote:
OK, guys use a little common sense on this. If the pics are in such a fashion that it's violating the persons privacy (even in public) then don't post them. We don't want pics of Britney going to rehab from a guy who's taking pictures hiding in the bushes.

Forbidden, if you would make an effort to follow the rule and not just post every pic that comes your way, then it wouldn't seem like your just blatantly disregarding the rule. If you're unsure if the pic violates the rule, then chances are it does. You could always PM a Mod or Admin to see if it's OK.

What it boils down to is what Donkeed said. A bald Britney banging the heck out of a car with an umbrella is not what this forum is all about. This forum is about the appreciation of the beauty of the female form. Also, we are QUITE aware that various ladies that have been posted on this forum are aware of this forum. Therefore, to keep WWoW in existence, we must excercise caution at times to maintain our reputation that has been built for the last 4 years.

Guidance... Some paparazzi would be appropriate if the babe acknowledged them without being agressive in any manner. If Paris Hilton didn't want to have pics taken when she arrived home, then she would do something aggressive or evassive to avoid the photogs. Those kind of pics would be evident.

Angelina, carrying home her latest adoption is not fit for this forum. As Donkeed said, if you are not sure, do a simple PM and get an answer. Saves alot of headaches. :cowboy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:59 pm 
Silver Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:06 am 
WWoW regular

:Crazy :hum :taunt :blah :Bang :puke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:43 pm 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

I gotta come down on the side of rocky on this one. There is a whole world out there on the internet if someone does not like the rules here. :Typing

Megyn Kelly's #1 Fan.

Post subject: Would that rule out screen captures of the ladies on TV
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:10 pm 
WWoW regular

since they're not posing for pictures? Like Gretchen when Brian spills coffee on her?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:58 pm 
Bronze Member

So I guess I don't have to ask why the pics I posted today of Katy Perry in a bikini were taken down. Sorry.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]