Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looks like the Youtube party is over for HSN (D)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:23 pm 
WWoW regular

There hasn't been any additions to the HSN youtube channel for three days. All the new items during that period seem to have the videos hosted on their own cdn instead of YouTube. Its a curious decision since QVC doesn't do this(yet) and for a company that wants to cut costs, as they have been, hosting and serving out video files doesn't seem like something they would want to do

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Looks like the Youtube party is over for HSN (D)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:53 am 
WWoW regular

Yeah I noticed that too. It is strange considering it is free hosting... A while back they stopped uploading the hourly segments for a few days but picked up again. So it could maybe be a technical problem or something on their end.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:21 pm 
WWoW Artist

They'll be back, give it a day or 2 yet. Every time they fill a playlist with hourly shows, they stop for a few days and start a new one. Just a pattern I've noticed over the past few years.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:55 pm 
WWoW regular

Gambit wrote:
They'll be back, give it a day or 2 yet. Every time they fill a playlist with hourly shows, they stop for a few days and start a new one. Just a pattern I've noticed over the past few years.

Normally I'd agree, but all the newly aired items getting their videos posted on their internal servers makes me really wonder if they're going to switch back to YouTube.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:21 pm 
WWoW Member

hsnfan wrote:
Gambit wrote:

Normally I'd agree, but all the newly aired items getting their videos posted on their internal servers makes me really wonder if they're going to switch back to YouTube.

What posted videos are you looking at? hsn.com just has older videos of the products that are still hosted with Youtube, that I can see.

Anyway, I've seen HSN and QVC go dark on YouTube for a month at a time in the past, at least two or three times each. It's an automated software flag that YouTube has set up to prevent piracy. And it's seems to be a one month possess to check that you're on the up and up and not stealing and re-posting content.

When HSN first started posting daily with all their content, it want dark within a few months. Then it came back on a few weeks later. QVC went dark last year for exactly a month and started posting regularly again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:08 am 
WWoW regular

danfox wrote:
hsnfan wrote:
Gambit wrote:

What posted videos are you looking at? hsn.com just has older videos of the products that are still hosted with Youtube, that I can see.

Anyway, I've seen HSN and QVC go dark on YouTube for a month at a time in the past, at least two or three times each. It's an automated software flag that YouTube has set up to prevent piracy. And it's seems to be a one month possess to check that you're on the up and up and not stealing and re-posting content.

When HSN first started posting daily with all their content, it want dark within a few months. Then it came back on a few weeks later. QVC went dark last year for exactly a month and started posting regularly again.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about. This item is newer and just aired. The video presentation loads a video off their servers, not youtube.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:10 pm 
WWoW regular

hsnfan wrote:
danfox wrote:
hsnfan wrote:
Gambit wrote:

RELAX ! the same thing happened with QVC `s YouTube, about a year ago. It will be updated. Drama,drama,dama.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about. This item is newer and just aired. The video presentation loads a video off their servers, not youtube.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:36 pm 
WWoW Artist

Just dvr the shows you might want to see until they come back on youtube. I'll admit, I've been lazy and not bothering because everything was on youtube...I can't worry about it this week though because I need that dvr space for Albany's upcoming shophq shows....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:21 pm 
WWoW Member

Gambit wrote:
Just dvr the shows you might want to see until they come back on youtube. I'll admit, I've been lazy and not bothering because everything was on youtube...I can't worry about it this week though because I need that dvr space for Albany's upcoming shophq shows....

Looks like most, if not all, of the shows are on Facebook.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:00 pm 
WWoW Artist

danfox wrote:
Gambit wrote:

Looks like most, if not all, of the shows are on Facebook.

Not all. ie, there hasn't been a video of Sarah's shows in a couple weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:24 pm 
WWoW Member

The party is back on. They've been uploading all of the shows from the past week or so all day.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:39 pm 
WWoW regular

MIApac2 wrote:
The party is back on. They've been uploading all of the shows from the past week or so all day.

Thank goodness. Yeah you guys were right.

:rock

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:47 pm 
WWoW regular

Yeah it looks like their service got blocked and just dumped all the hour long shows up to their youtube account.

Edit: Well, not all. There are some shows missing, but beggars can't be choosers