Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: What or who made you start watching Shopping Channels?(D)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:36 pm 
Jedi Disciple

A Hot momma named Colleen Lopez on HSN, and a young cutie named Jill Bauer in a Tiny skirt on QVC :Tounge :Tounge

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:43 pm 
WWoW Artist

For me it was by accident. I was channel surfing and came upon QVC and the model Abbe. That was around 1998 or 1999. Soon I found out I had HSN on my cable lineup and watched both QVC and HSN for the models rather than the hosts. Not that i didn't have hosts I watched more than others...Lisa R, Kim Parrish, Lynne Tucker and Marianne Manko on QVC (right now Jacque Gonzales is my favorite Q host) while on HSN Lynn Murphy, Tracey Edwards and Colleen Lopez I watched more than others.

When Dorian was a model on QVC I used to tune in just to watch her. And Randi Hoffman on HSN. These days it's Rachel on QVC and Chelsea on HSN although to be honest I don't watch the shopping channels much these days. My model fix is taken up by reruns of Deal or no Deal on GSN...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:48 pm 
WWoW regular

Fascinating topic.
For me, it started with sheer practicality- my wife and I were living in a small town, with shopping a long way away. We had no choice sometimes but to shop with catalogs and TV.

That's not what kept me watching, however... MBR was probably the first (conveniently for me, my wife also thought she was hot). Lisa R. when she was new, Lynne Murphy, Colleen, Callie, Jacque, Sharon....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:09 pm 
WWoW regular

Mine started back in the early 90's and the long gone JCPenny shopping channel. They were showing swimsuits, lingire, and some of the shortest skirts i had ever seen on tv, and this was in the final years of the pantyhose craze so they wore hose all the time. It was great. That led me to checking out QVC and then finally HSN when the cable company added it to our line up.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:34 pm 
WWoW regular

I think I aslo had to have been channel surfing. I don't know what made me keep going back, I guess it was hosed legs/feet or shoeplay. After i got on the net I discovered a lot of dudes were watching and not shopping. lol I'm still mad about how much I've missed when women would seem free to be shoeless on hsn/qvc.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:47 pm 
Bronze Member

Don't recall exactly when, but I was surfing, and Natalie was modeling a sexy dress on HSN - I was hooked on her from the 1st moment I saw her. Been watching ever since, and have grown to admire her, as well as many of the other models, and several very attractive hosts.

WE NEED CHRISTINA PARK BACK ON GOOD DAY IN THE AM.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:41 pm 
WWoW regular

Mid 90's race car fan's only, model was Abbie. When I see Abbie on the show, the channel was locked no matter what, jewelry, fashion, fitness whatever. When I turned on the TV, the first channel I checked was QVC. I heard that she had a baby couple years ago. Wish her well.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:46 pm 
WWoW Artist

One look at Regina and I was hooked :Kool

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:11 am 
Administrator

Forgot to mention that one of the channels that I used to watch was the JCPenny Shopping Channel, too. There was one model, Theresa Ring, that I found enchanting. One host said that any swimsuit that she modeled always sold out. :P She also did some other modeling and acting as well.

Some photos...
http://www.miss-imperialbeach.com/pastw ... 982_01.htm

The first two pages show what she looked like in the JCP days. The last page are more recent shots.

Robin Meade Video Dump - Updated 4/21/23

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:45 am 
Silver Member

channel surfing one day off from work in the early 90's and i saw an HSN fashion hour with Su Ferrea (SP) as host discovered QVC later in the week also a fashion show been hooked ever since

skins fan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:10 am 
Bronze Member

count me in w/ the PJD gang. she was something else back in the 90's. i 1st noticed her on the overnight shift in '93. i was idly channel-surfing and she hooked me in...been a closet QVC fan ever since.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:30 am 
WWoW Artist

For me it was Kerin back in the early 90's, also redhead Carol, they had Rue Mcclanahan (Golden Girls) sleepwear and Carol would model them yummy!!!! On HSN it was Linda i miss her now that she is getting up there in age but she was hot back in the day. Ah memories!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:50 am 
Bronze Member

darell1976 wrote:
For me it was Kerin back in the early 90's, also redhead Carol, they had Rue Mcclanahan (Golden Girls) sleepwear and Carol would model them yummy!!!!

carol was very very hott...so was luann (i think i got her name right)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:04 am 
WWoW regular

[quote="HSF"]Forgot to mention that one of the channels that I used to watch was the JCPenny Shopping Channel, too. There was one model, Theresa Ring, that I found enchanting. One host said that any swimsuit that she modeled always sold out. :P She also did some other modeling and acting as well.

If you remember the JCPenney channel, there was a model named Zane. Smoking hot. They used to do Lingere shows around the Christmas and Valentine Day holidays.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:25 am 
WWoW regular

Lorraine caught my eye during a Honora Collection show about 10 years ago...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:05 pm 
WWoW Artist

Kathy Levine way back when I was just a'lil lad :Victory

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:55 pm 
Administrator

HSF wrote:
Forgot to mention that one of the channels that I used to watch was the JCPenny Shopping Channel, too. There was one model, Theresa Ring, that I found enchanting. One host said that any swimsuit that she modeled always sold out. :P She also did some other modeling and acting as well.

Some photos...
http://www.miss-imperialbeach.com/pastw ... 982_01.htm

The first two pages show what she looked like in the JCP days. The last page are more recent shots.

Remember Theresa well from her JCP shows also remember when she was on Star Search.
JCP also had a model on the swimsuit shows that did a few of "B" movies Lisa Saxton.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:56 pm 
Bronze Member

I believe I was just channel surfing back in the mid to late '90s and ran across a home shopping channel that no longer exists; Shop At Home. Jennifer Miller was one of the hostesses (now Jewelry TV) and Connie Craig (now HSN). This eventually led me to HSN (also just surfing at the time), where I caught an eyeful of Bobbie Ray Carter back when she had this huge set of boobs, and my all time favorite, Mindy McCortney. Ahhh Mindy, such a nice tight body, fine a$$ and really ripe rack.

There were others that caught my attention early on, but these were the ones I remember most when I first stumbled onto home shopping.

BTW - my username, NoSale, is based on watching home shopping with absolutely zero interest in what they were selling. Still applies today . . . . . .

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:07 pm 
WWoW regular

I think davetv knows the good stuff, for me it was early 90's Kathy Levine's long legs, PJD always wore sexy outfits on the morning show & so did Lynn Murphy on the HSN AM show. There was a brunette on HSN in the AM after Lynn Murphy for a while but I can't think of her name at the moment, she was good looking although she had a bump, mole or something on her forhead, Barbara I think her name was. Linda the model on HSN was hot as well. And the queen of them all MBR was & is always stunning. The funny thing is when JRT would be on I would turn the channel until one day I saw a show with her and from then on I found her to be fun to watch.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:45 pm 
Bronze Member

Oneslip are you talking about Barbara Marville? I remember her. :D Has been fun reading everyone's posts in this thread. Also it was brought to my attention the former host I was referring to in my first post was Wendy ROGERS. She was wild and sexy for a host back in the day! :shock:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next